Posted by steve on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 at 11:30am.
Two vectors are lying in the xz plane: A=2.00i + 3.00k and B= -9.00i + 2.00k.
a) What is the value of AxB?
Check my solution: I found through calculations that the value is 23j.
b) What is the magnitude |AxB|?
I could do ABsin theta, but I have no angle between. So am confused here.
C) What is the ganle between the two vectors.
Here I could do the:
---- = sin theta.
Please help. I really would like to know this concept before class today in about 1 hr. Check all my answers, please.
(2.00i + 3.00k)(-9.00i + 2.00k)
from that, 4(-j) + 27(-j)
magnitude: (sqrt (4^2 + 27^2))
angle between vectors?
I'm still somewhat confused. Does 4(-j) + 27(-j) equal -31j?
also, if you can, please elaborate a bit more on proper steps to conceptualize prob(the rest).
yes, I got -31j
if the cross product is equal to magnitude A * magnitude B * sinTheta, then
Solve for Theta.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - Two vectors A. and B have magnitude A = 3.00 and B = 3.00. Their ...
- Physics - Two vectors A and B have magnitude A = 3.00 and B = 3.00. Their vector...
- PHYSICS VECTORS - 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data ...
- Physics - A 0.500 kg sphere moving with a velocity (2.00i - 3.50j + 1.00k) m/s ...
- Science/physics - Two vectors A and B have magnitude A = 3.00 and B = 3.00. ...
- General Physics - A 0.500 kg sphere moving with a velocity (2.00i - 3.50j + 1....
- physics - Find a vector with a magnitude of 1.00 that bisects the angle between ...
- Physics - 2. We have two vectors that line in the x-y plane. If we take the ...
- 12th grade - prove that normal to plane containing 3 points whose position ...
- Physics - 1. Consider the two vectors P and Q. The definition of P is P = ...