Posted by Calinda on Sunday, January 21, 2007 at 8:20pm.
With respect to the media's role in the
political process, which of the following statements is true?
A. The media fulfills an evaluative
function by helping voters judge
candidates in terms of character
B. Most politicians do not view the
role of the media as important
and they primarily rely on their
campaign staffs to communicate
directly with the voters.
C. The media is not as important as
party organizations when it comes
to influencing voter opinion
D. The pervasiveness of radio and
television makes the media an
ineffective tool for politicians
because information overload
creates confusion for most voters.
I am thinking either B OR D to be True.
Can you please help?
B is silly, and D is more so. What is wrong with A? I remember Barry Goldwater standing on the airplane ramp stating his idea to defoliate the
Cambodian Border with nuclear weapons, and the next night on NBC news he is saying he didn't say that. He must have thought we were idiots.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- criminology - A local radio station has asked you to participate in an expert ...
- CRIMINAL JUSTICE - A local radio station has asked you to participate in an ...
- Media Law - What are the reasonable limits in which the media should be allowed ...
- Law - Just need a little guidance on where to begin with this assignment. A ...
- Political Science/Media - True or False Because of their dependence of ...
- US History - What role did the media play in the development of popular thinking...
- Life orientation - Clearly describe a recent corruption and fraud case in the ...
- Social Studies - what is the role that the mass media plays on the formation of ...
- Civics - Basically we have to relpy to these questions .. and i need help ... ...
- American Government - Please check my answers 1. Political parties and interest ...