Posted by Anonymous on Friday, January 19, 2007 at 8:26pm.
I have one more question that I would
appreciate your help with.
In representing the Bank of the
United States in McCulloch v. Maryland,
attorney Daniel Webster argued that
Maryland could not tax a branch of the
bank because operating the bank was an
action by Congress that was:
A. expressly mandated by the
Constiution and therefore,
Maryland could not interfere.
B. ordered by the president and
therefore, Maryland would have
to sue the White House to collect
C. necessary to carry out powers
that were expressly delegated
to Congress in the Constiution
and therefore, Maryland could
D. proper to raise monies for war,
and therefore Maryland's claim
would have to be dismissed.
I know the answer is number A or C.
But I am thinking the lawyer for
Maryland's side argued number 3.
So, that would leave the correct answer to be (A)
Nevertheless, I am confused. Please
give me some input.
would someone please help?
Please,someone help me!!!!!!!!!!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- government - what event brought mcculloch v. maryland before the supreme court a...
- american government - McCulloch v Maryland is an important case because it was ...
- History - 6.)Which answer best describes how Maryland responded to the national ...
- History - 5.)Which answer best describes how Maryland responded to the national...
- American Government - McCulloch v Maryland is an important case because it was ...
- government - what is the connection with mcculloch v maryland and proper clause
- us history - Robert Fulton's steamboat design had which of these effects on ...
- History - 8.)How did the case of McCulloch vs. Maryland affect economic ...
- pol201 - Which case established the precedent of the U.S. Supreme Court being ...
- Government--Please Check - In the case McCulloch v. Maryland, the Supreme Court ...