Posted by Kyle on Friday, January 19, 2007 at 7:35pm.
Which statement best describes how states derive powers from the U.S.
1. The Constitution does not mention
anything about state powers.
2. The Constitution only grants
states the power to levy taxes
and regulate commerce.
3. The Constiution grants states all
of the powers granted to the federal
government and any conflicts must
be decided by the Supreme Court.
4. The Constitution reserves for the
states all powers not granted to
the federal government.
Isn't the right answer number 2?
Please go back and reread the Constitution.
It says that any powers not given to the federal government in the Constitution is given to the states.
So the correct answer would be number
Ms. Sue, are you there?
Yes, #4 is correct.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Government - Please help me with government 1. The 10th amendment to the ...
- American Government - Where can the strengths of the Articles of Confederation ...
- History - I am not sure of this answer. Please help. The main reason that States...
- check my work - 1. Which of the following provides the best definition of a ...
- history (check my work) - . Which of the following provides the best definition ...
- Government - Homework Help Powers that are shared by both the National ...
- civics - which of the following is true about most state constitutions A. ...
- u.s. history - How does the constitution limit the powers of government? A. The ...
- American government - How does the 10th amendment shown below demonstrate a ...
- Social Studies - One of the issues facing the early nation was how to interpret ...