Posted by Anonymous--Need Help!! on Friday, January 19, 2007 at 6:45pm.
I have this question on a homework assignment and I need help.
Under Chief Justice Marshall's definition of "interstate commerce"
as quoted from the Gibbons v.Ogden case,
which one of the following activities would most likely be subject to regulation by Congress?
A. A rancher cuts timber on land he
owns in one state and transports
it 500 miles to his residence in
another state to burn in his
B. A woman regularly takes fruit that
she grows on her property and
donates it to a charitable food
pantry that is only two miles
away,but the pantry is in another
C. A company produces cookies that
will be shipped to other states
to be sold in student fundrasing
D. A college student makes money by
cutting hair in her dormitory and
she does not pay any taxes on the
If I am understanding the assignment
correctly, wouldn't the correct answer
be (C )?
Please Help Me!
Yes. You're right. C. involves both commerce (sales) and movement of goods between states.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- american government - In Gibbons v. Ogden, the Supreme Court held that (Points...
- Government. - Regarding the commerce clause, which statement is incorrect? A. ...
- Political Science - In Gibbons v. Ogden, the Supreme Court held that? In Chapter...
- Social Studies - How do you think America might be different if Gibbons vs. ...
- Buisness Law - In Reno v. Condon, Attorney General of South Carolina, the case ...
- US history - The supreme court under chief justice John Marshall was similar to...
- History - 1. How did new England's textile industry affect both children and ...
- POL Week 4. Answer check - Question 1.1. The Judiciary Act of 1789 established ...
- POL 201 Week 4 quiz help - Question 1.1. The Judiciary Act of 1789 established ...
- US History: Ms. Sue - "The Interstate Commerce Act of 1887, establishing the ...