Posted by key on Friday, January 19, 2007 at 10:21am.
thanks for any help with these translations into scientific notation:
1. magnesium ribbion is dropped into an
aqueous solution of hydrochloric acid
2. a solid peice of copper is burned in
3. zinc carbonate is strongly heated in a crucible
4. calcium chloride is mixed with silver nitrate in an aqueous solution
5. chlorine gas is passed over solid potassium bromide
6. magnesium sulfate pentahydrate is heated strongly in an evaporating dish.
Mg + HCl ==> MgCl2 + H2
Cu + O2 ==> Cu2O
ZnCO3 ==> ZnO + CO2
CaCl2 + AgNO3 ==> AgCl + Ca(NO3)2
Cl2 + KBr ==> Br2 + KCl
MgSO4*5H2O + heat==>MgSO4 + H2O
I haven't balanced any of these. You need to learn general types of reactions so you know what products will be formed.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - having trouble posting but will try again. translate the following ...
- General Chemistry - Change these word equations into formula equations and ...
- science - Based on the reactivity series, decide whether the following reaction ...
- chemistry - Hydrochloric acid solution reacts with zinc according to the ...
- chem - If 0.752 g of pure sodium carbonate was dissolved in water and the ...
- Science - 1.0 g of copper was heated in a crucible, while stirring, and .2g of ...
- chemistry - pure zinc metal into a solution of copper(II) sulfate, the zinc will...
- Chemistry - Write the following into a balanced equation. a) When a mixture of ...
- AP CHEMISTRY - Please could you help me predict the products of the following ...
- Science - Are any of the bellow chemical changes reversible? If yes, then how? ...