Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 at 7:37pm.
With respect to the 31 amendments (of
the Constitution)that have been proposed
by Congress,which statement is true?
1.Only 25 have been ratified
2.The Eighteenth Amendment which makes
selling liquor illegal was ratified
and is still a valid law.
3.The Equal Rights Amendment took the
longest to become ratified.
4.The Sixteenth Amendment was ratified
and gave Congress the power to
collect income tax.
Please help with this question,
I need help with homework quick!!
Try the process of elimination while looking at a listing of the amendments:
For #1 --
How many amendments are there? (XXVII = ??)
For #2 --
Look at Amendment XVIII
For #3 --
Read all the "titles" of the Amendments and decide.
For #4 --
Look at Amendment XVI
Let me know if you need help reading Roman numerals.
the answer would be:
(4) The Sixteenth Amendment was ratified
and gave Congress the power to collect
income tax. Correct?
Thank you for your help!!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- governmnent - If a proposed amendment violates the Constitution, should the ...
- Constitution - if an amendment violates the constitution,why should the Supreme ...
- Social STUDIES - the 15 amendment - ratified in 1870 prohibited states from ...
- us history - Since the Constitution has been ratified, how many states have been...
- 12th grade government/economics - what are two ways that amendments to the ...
- Constituion: Check? Thanks - After 1788, states had no control over a.local ...
- history - How did progressivism affect the role of the federal government in the...
- More Civics - What happens to an amendment that is not ratified? A) it goes back...
- Government - 1. Which of the following is true about the formal amendment ...
- US Gov - The reason a statement specific to state powers was not part of the ...