Posted by minerva on Friday, January 12, 2007 at 4:06am.
find the compund interest on $2500 for one year at 4% per annum compounded half-yearly.
which of these is correct?
$2500(1 + 0.04)^2
$2500(1 + 0.02)^2
The second one. 2500(1+.02)^2
Since the interest is compounded semi-annually you have to divide the annual rate of 4% by 2.
PS, the actual compound interest, which your question asks for, would really be 2500(1+.02)^2 - 2500
- maths-- compound interest - tammy, Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 12:39am
if investing 50,000 over 20 yrs at 3%apr with compouind interest figures semi-annually .figure using equation f(t)=p(1+r/n)nt
- maths-- compound interest - tammy, Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 12:44am
do you times the nt by the equation results to get the answer
- maths-- compound interest - Anonymous, Saturday, October 1, 2011 at 11:37pm
find compound intrest if principal=2000,rate=20%per annum & time=2years3months
- maths-- compound interest - Anonymous, Saturday, July 21, 2012 at 4:27pm
r=4% compounded semiannually
- maths-- compound interest - Susan , Monday, November 26, 2012 at 2:18pm
business takes a loan of $40,000, set at 4% interest and will be paid off in 12 years. The bank wants to save the business money by calculatin the interest on a remaining balance basis in case he pays it off early. The annual payment si assumed to be $3500 of principal and 1600 of interest. after the 1st year $5540 is paid annually. What would be the total amount of interest paid?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus - I keep getting confused on this stuff. Alan invests $2500 in a 5 year...
- math - if a loan is given for 2,500 for 1 year and the interest charged is 275 ...
- math - Please help: A continuously compounded account starts with $2500 in ...
- math - 1.In what length of time will $500 be the interest on $2500 invested 5% ...
- Trig/Pre-Calc - $2500 is invested in an account at interest rate r, compounded ...
- Help Please Math - A principal of $2500 is invested,part at 8% per annum and the...
- bookkeeping - suppose your business caters a party august 23.according to the ...
- algrebra 1 - The area of a rectangle is 128 inē. If the length is twice the ...
- Math - John invested $2500, part at 8% and the rest at 12% per annum. The two ...
- math - find the interest rate to the nearest hundredth of a percent that will ...