Posted by jasmine20 on Thursday, January 11, 2007 at 9:59pm.
PLEASE LOOK IN THE BOTTOM OF THIS MESSAGE......
solve for x:
3x - 2y = 6
i need help in solving this:
the possible answers has to be one of these:
A)2y +6 divided by 3
b)3x -6 divided by 2
C) 2 + 2y
D) 2/3y + 6
but how i keep trying and i don't get non of these.
For Further Reading
math correction - drwls, Thursday, January 11, 2007 at 9:45pm
Add 2y to both sides of the equation. That will give you
3x = 2y + 6
Then divide both sides of the new equation by 3 and you will see what x is.
It will be one of the choices
I STILL GET THE FOLLOWING:
X =2/3Y + 2
BUT ONE OF MY CLASSMATES SAYS THAT THATS WRONG BECAUSE IT HAS TO BE:
X = 2 +2Y
x = (2/3) y + 2 is the same thing as
x = (2y + 6)/3
Your answer is correct, but the multiple choice to make in this case is (A), which is another way of writing the same thing
Your classmate is wrong
how would you check this:
i mean you know how in alot of equations we can check them how would i do it with something like this.
sorry i didn't realize that my sister posted up something but the previous message is mine. she didn't erase her name.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math correction - solve for x: 3x - 2y = 6 i need help in solving this: the ...
- Estimation decimal quotient - Use compatible numbers to find the each quotient...
- math - Please can you help me with the following two questions? A. By making use...
- Math - how do you know if one is a factor of another without dividing. a) 4320 ...
- 5th grade math - solve 1. 8/11 divided by 4 2. 3/8 divided by 3/10 3. 6 divided ...
- Math - Could I please have some help with this Calcuate the following and ...
- 5th grade math - What is 3,256 divided by 4? What is 99,999 divided by 3? I need...
- Math - 12) 2 1/7 x 3 2/3= 15/7x11/3=165/21=55/7=7 6/7 13)Divide. Write the ...
- Math - Divide. Write in simplest form. 5. 1/3 divided by 2/5=5/6 6. 1/9 divided ...
- math - To solve 3/4 divided by 2/5, Elisha writes, 3/4 divided by 2/5 is the ...