Posted by gr8 on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 at 7:09pm.
i need a explanation for this equation:
5 radical(square root) 108 over 25
the 5 is in front of the square rooted number and it is a fraction
PlEASE HELP :(
That is not an equation. It is a number.
It sounds like you are describing the fifth root of 108, divided by 25. It is not clear if the 25 is under the radical sign or not. If it isn't, then[108^(1/5)]/25 = 0.10203..
i'm supposed to simplify it not get a number like that and the five is outside the square root of 108 over 25, and in the question the 25 is under the radical sign. for example im going to use quotation marks as the radical
actually i gotta do factoring or then simplifying
I'm going to assume your problem is this: (5√108)/25
Find factors of 108 to simplify.
3 * 9 * 4 = 108
We can take the square root of 9 and the square root of 4.
We are left with: (5 * 3 * 2 * √3)/25
We can reduce to (6√3)/5
I hope this will help.
I just reread your problem again, and if it is this: 5√(108/25)
...then the outcome will be different.
This would be the same as (5√108)/(√25)
Square root of 25 is 5.
(5 * 3 * 2 * √3)/5 = 6√3
Again, I hope this will help.
Answer this Question
- Math simplifying mixed radicals - Please help me simplify these following mixed ...
- Math simplifying mixed radicals - Please help me simplify these following mixed...
- Algebra 2 - could you walk me thorugh these problems simplfy square root 18 - 3 ...
- Algebra - True or False and please explain so that I can understand. 1. The ...
- Algebra - How do you work square root problems when there is a number outside ...
- 7th grade math Ms. Sue please - 2. Shelly sews a blanket that has an area of 170...
- Math - What is the square root of 12? 3.464 Well, that's true, but you could ...
- simplifying radicals - helo! i know how to simplify radicals but.. I dont get ...
- math - Please help I'm so confused!!!! 1. Which two square roots are used to ...
- Math Help! - Which two square roots are used to estimate square root 67? A. ...