Posted by jasmine20 on Tuesday, January 9, 2007 at 7:42pm.
can someone correct this for me.Also do i have to solve it all the way or what does it mean by inequality form.
Business and finance. The cost for a long-distance telephone call is $0.36 for the first minute and $0.21 for each additional minute or portion thereof. Write an inequality representing the number of minutes a person could talk without exceeding $3.
Let x = be the number of minutes:
The first minute cost $0.36
The remaining x –1 minutes cost $0.21 each
So the remaining x- 1 minutes altogether costs $0.21 (x – 1)
Total cost = $0.36 + $0.21 (x – 1)
This must be less than or equal $3.00. So we have:
$0.36 +$0.21 (x- 1) <= $ 3.00
Multiply through by 100 and drop the $’s
36 + 21(x –1)<= 300
12 + 7 (x –1) <=100 (In this step in order to get this equation I had to divide both sides by 3 to make the numbers smaller.)
12 + 7x – 7 <= 100
7x + 5 <= 100
- math correction - Kad, Wednesday, September 26, 2007 at 6:56pm
You already solved the answer...
36 + 21(x –1)<= 300 is the answer to writing an inequality representing the number of minutes a person can make with 3 bucks.
- math correction - cooi16, Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 5:58pm
The melt in your mouth chocolate factor opens its doors each day at 7:00am sharp. Sally arrived at the factory 10 minutes before the door opened. Luke got their 18 minutes after sally, but 4 minutes before Michelle. At what time did Michelle arrive at the factory?
- math correction - kyle, Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 2:07pm
write 5760 as a product of primes
- math correction - ,mgk,bi., Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 8:04pm
200 with radical sign is approximately 100
- math correction - jessan, Sunday, September 29, 2013 at 11:45am
- math correction - jessan, Sunday, September 29, 2013 at 11:51am
The price of a wrist watch is$575.00 subject to 15% V.A.T
calculatethe 50 percent fat on wrist watch.
calculate the vat inclusive price of the wrist watch
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math correction - can someone correct this for me. Business and finance. The ...
- math - Telephone company A charges $3.00 for the first minute of any long ...
- math - The cost of a long-distance telephone call is $.36 for the first minute ...
- algebra - The cost for a long-distance telephone call is $0.36 for the first ...
- Algebra - A long-distance telephone call cost $.20 for the first 10 minutes plus...
- math - lisa made a long-distance telephone call to her friend Jane. the cost was...
- inequality expresion - The cost of a long distant telephone call is $0.36 for ...
- math - The cost of a telephone call is $0.75 + $0.25 times the number of ...
- business statistics - If you are interested in determining the average of a 3-...
- MATH - This problem makes no sence to me i tried it but i know i am completely ...