Posted by Gina on Thursday, January 4, 2007 at 11:14am.
Can you please go step by step, Ill show what I did and you can correct me.
The question is:
Could someone please check over this and provide a correct answer and my error.
Thanks in advance.
a+a(x+1) does not equal 2a(x+1)
If it was (a+a)(x+1), then that would work, but it's not.
The correct next step is:
You may not add the terms a and a(x+1) since they are not the same. You can add a and a or a(x+1) and a(x+1) but not the in-between.
Firt, expand the second term by multiplying each term withing the parentheses by a.
a + ax + a =
then you may add the same terms to obtain:
2a + ax =
I don't know where you are going with this equation or the final form in which it is to be found; however, you can now factor out a to obtain
a(2+x). That is how I would leave it.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 1--Step-by-Step - Can someone show me how to solve these step-by-step? ...
- please help math factor trinomial - y^3-13y^2+36y Can someone please show me ...
- Physics - I'm trying to rearange this 0 = Xo + 2^-1 a t^2 for t I've been told ...
- Physics - Can someone please show me step by step how to normalize e^-5x in the ...
- math - I donot understand how to do this practice question for a test I have ...
- Algebra 2 - can someone show me how to do it step by step please! Use a graph ...
- algebra 1 - can someone please help me solve the question and explain to me and ...
- algebra - solve by using the quadratic formula prove your answer is correct by ...
- Math - Can someone please show me step by step how to solve the following 72.18=...
- Math: Calculus - Assume that a population size at time t is N(t) and that N(t)=...