Posted by michelle on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 at 7:29pm.
Just wanted to know if I have named the following compounds correctly..and wanted to know if there are any short-hand or easier methods of naming organic compounds because they are a bit confusing!I tried drawing structural formulas for the following as well..I don't think most of them are right...
1) CH3CH2CH2CH(CH3)CH3 (2-propylpentane)
2) CH3CH(C2H5)CH2CH3 (3-ethylbutane)
7) (CH3)2CHCl (chloropropane)
10) CH3C(triple bond)CCH3 (methylbutyne)
Please let me know if I am doing this right..thanks..
7. (not sure about this one) t-chlorobutyl
-CH3 substituent is methyl not propyl.
number 9: it is an alkene, so it should have a "ene" on the end, not "ane"
Yes if it is an alkene it should have an "ene" at the end not an "ane".
- organic chemistry! - Melissa, Tuesday, November 27, 2007 at 9:28pm
here's what i got..
5. pentanoic acid
hope this helps!! even though, i'm sure you're done with this worksheet by now.
- organic chemistry! - Jim, Saturday, December 1, 2007 at 6:17pm
thanks a ton! You saved me.
- organic chemistry! - ED, Monday, January 4, 2010 at 1:37pm
I LOVE U
- organic chemistry! - anna, Monday, January 4, 2010 at 8:15pm
5. Pentanoic Acid
- organic chemistry! - JESSICA, Friday, January 28, 2011 at 5:56pm
i HAVE A QUESTION/
WHAT IS THIS
- organic chemistry! - l, Tuesday, December 13, 2011 at 12:03am
why is number8 2,2,4,4
Answer this Question
Organic Chemistry - Does anybody know of a website that explains organic ...
Just Curious - Hey. I was just wondering if anybody on here has been to teenink...
Organic substances - Is adhesive tape organic or inorganic? Also are shoes ...
Organic Chemistry - 1. Why is diethyl ether a good choice for an organic solvent...
Chemistry - Why was the term "organic" originally chosen? Give an example of an ...
organic Chemistry - In my Organic chemistry lab, the calculated enantiomeric ...
Math - If you pass general chemistry, then you can take organic chemistry. You ...
Organic Chemistry - What is the white solid that quickly forms when the methyl ...
Organic Chemistry - 2. Why doesn’t the neutral organic compound (Flourene) ...
organic chemistry - Write equations showing how caffeine could be extracted from...