Posted by DANIELLE on Thursday, December 21, 2006 at 1:33am.
solve by graphing
You need to graph the 2 equations, and find where they intersect. That is your solution.
Somebody is pulling your leg: These are the same lines, there is no solution.
I UNDERSTAND i NEED TO FIND WHERE THEY INTERSECT. THE QUESTION IS do how do I set these in slope ,y-intersect form I am having dificulity with graphying linear system.
y=-3/2 x + 4
y=-6/4 x + 16/4
y=-3/2 x + 4
Equation 1 and 2 are the same line. There is no single unique intersection. THere can be no unique solution.
You can if you want, but Bobpursley is correct. The two lines are the same! (you can see this by dividing second equation by 2, it's the same as the first). If you still need to graph it, you need to get it in the form of y = mx + b.
BObpursley I did figureed it out. If I were to graph it I would therefore have one line representing both equations. Im I correct 4 BEING THE Y-INTERSECT MOVE 3 UNITS OVER AND T WO UNITS UP?
No. Slope is negative: Move two over and three down.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- grasping algebra concepts - My book is showing the solution for graphing a ...
- math, help - can someone show me how to do this one i have plenty of them so can...
- algebra - Explain (in 3 or more sentences) how you can tell if a system of two ...
- MATH PLS HELP CHECK ANSWERS - 3. What is the rule for the function shown in the ...
- Math - Solve the system by graphing by any method of your choice. 3x-y=1 or y=3x...
- Math - What will the graph look like for a system of equations that has no ...
- Algebra 2 - how do i do these problems???? Graph each pair of equations in the ...
- Algebra - If you have these three origins: (0,0) (0,952) (863,0) How do you find...
- ALGEBRA - i AM HAVING TROUBLE GRAPHING SOLVING THE FOLLOING BY GRAPHING. cAN ...
- math - 19. Which statement describes the relationship between the line graphs of...