Posted by SraJMcGin on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 at 9:43pm.
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. I have been unable to read your question because of "error, Gateway timed out" BUT since I know you are requesting a translation site to do long sentences correctly, let me post what I wrote yesterday for the same type of question in German. Just substitute the word "French" each time you see "German!"
Link to Us
Parents & Teachers
Homework Help Forum: Where can I find a site to translate German?
Current Questions | Post a New Question
Answer this Question | Further Reading
Posted by SraJMcGin on Monday, December 18, 2006 at 9:33pm in response to Where can I find a site to translate German?.
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. Trust us on this one! Translation sites are so stilted, incorrect and will NEVER get the nuances of a language! Besides that fact, you will NOT learn a language with a translation site!
Here is how to use a dictionary. Take the English word you want in German and "walk" it through ALL these steps with a good bilingual dictionary. 1. Look for all the German translations and write those down. 2. Take each German word and look that up for the primary, secondarly, terciary meaning in English. 3. Now select the best translation, depending upon the context, and post what you have done for someone competent in German to proofread it for you. You need to pay attention to the part of speech, word order, etc. There is NO SHORTCUT to good learning!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Does anyone have the superior knowledge as to where I could find an ...
- FRENCH HELP - I don't get french It is to hard help me understand plz someone ...
- French - I'm trying to figure out how you would say "he is being" in French. I ...
- French - I have been on for 3 hours and no one is posting or anything. Can ...
- French help ASAP! - I need information about d'Arsene Lupin.I have to do a ...
- French - How do you say "if you want to read this..." in French? Would it be "Si...
- IDIOM - GRABBING THE BULL BY THE HORNS A WOLF IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING Thank you for ...
- French! help plz - Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. My ...
- IT - high level languages need to be translated. what are two different types of...
- Valentin Frech - need to know what a card with the picture of a boy hiding ...