Posted by Katie on Wednesday, December 13, 2006 at 5:35pm.
We were supposed to label every word in these sentences, but some of them were kind of confusing:
The process is a method using heat and cold.
I know that "the" is article adj., "process" is subject, a article adj, "and" is a conjunction , but what is the rest.
He showed scientists the potentiallty of controlling bacteria or germs.
would "of controlling bacteria or germs" be all one prepositional phrase if not what would it be?
I'll get you started.
He = pronoun, subject
showed = verb, past tense main verb
potential (no such word as potentiality) =
of = preposition
controlling = gerund
This website should help:
Use the menu in Word & Sentence Level
to find functions of words.
Let me know what you come up with and I'll give you feedback.
what is gerund. and I didn't say it was potentiality, I said potentiallty.
The end of the word spelled with a l...l...t...y
The word should be "potential" -- no "allty" on it; no such word as "potentiallty"!!
Answer this Question
- English Poetry - Define parts of Speech for Jabberwocky I'm on stanza 2 Please ...
- English - Need to underline the noun or pronoun and circle the word that ...
- English - I need to come up with a story using these words. Please help. 1. ...
- Grammar (will you check the rest please) - Demonstrative Pronoun or Adjective? 1...
- English - 1.Road crews are making repairs on Willow Street, (where Jeremy lives...
- reading - what are 2 sentences using the word overwhelm? what are 2 sentences ...
- English - I need help writing a story using these words. Any Ideas? 1.impute-- (...
- Language - 1. We arrived (late) for the track meet. 2. The locker room smelled (...
- English - Please help me begin a story with these words. 1.exemplary-- (adj) ...
- English Project - This is a final project In accordance to the book In the Heat ...