Posted by Jenny on .
wondering if you can help me with these sentences:
1. African leaders are speaking out against a tradition in which widows have sex with a relative of their dead husbands because it helps to spread HIV.
2. The Ferrari was driven by a sexy woman with stunning headlights.
3. In F. Scott Fitzgerald's short story, Babylon Revisited, Charlie ends up losing his daughter Honoria grieving for his wide.
4. A gorilla eats a banana faster than a nun.
5. Bertha Belch, a missionary from African will be speaking at six o'clock p.m. at Calvary Church. Come hear Bertha Belch all the way from Africa.
What are you supposed to do with these sentences? Are you supposed to correct misplaced modifiers?
Please explain more about your assignment, and show us your answers. We'll be glad to critique them.
I'm suppose to find anything wrong with the sentences.
Here is what I suggest: Take this assignment to your school principal.
Whoever wrote these as an assignment in Grammar apparently has a deep seated problem which Freud could make a case study from. These sentences reveal to me a thinking disorder that should not be evident in a classroom with young persons. There are better educational methods of working grammar.
Actually, rethinking the above advice, your mom might want to take them to the principal. In either case, clue your mom in on what is happening. Mom should be the boss on things like this. But keep her clued in.