Posted by drwls on Wednesday, December 6, 2006 at 2:37pm.
They may want you to add the fractions and give the answer in forms of a fraction. in that case, you need to convert to common denominators before addineg. In that case
1/3 + 1/5 + 1/10 = (10 + 6 + 3) /30
5/6 - 3/5 = (25 - 18)/30 = 7/30
You answer to that one is far off.
8/9 / 11/15 = 8/9 x 15/11 = 40/33 which your answer reduced to lowest terms
Can someone show me How do I solve these math problems.I tried them but i'm not sure if I am correct.
Directions is to add.
1/3 + 1/5 + 1/10= I get .633333333333
Directions is to Subtract.
5/6 - 3/5 = I get .222222222222
Directions. Divide.Write each result in simplest form.
8/9 by 11/15 = I get the following:
8/9 by 15/11 = 120/99
I understand how you came about to these answers.what do you mean by 10+3+6 on the first one?
and how did you get 25-18 on the second one?
and on the third one do mean that the reduce of 120/99 is 40/33.
1/3 = 10/30
1/5 = 6/30
1/10 = 3/30
Each fraction is turned into an equivalent fraction of the same base and then the addition is easy.
Same idea for second one
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Shelly and Marcom are selling popcorn for their music club. Each of them ...
- math - i need some to explain how to turn 1.05 into a fraction Do you know how ...
- math - what is an eay way to add 1/5 1/2 and 1/7. I have to find a number that ...
- basic math - In my book A bread piece calls for 3 1/4 cups of flour if you only ...
- Math - I still do not understand Today was my first day learning how to add 3 ...
- Math - Can anyone explain to me how to add fractions with different denominators...
- Math - Everett is reading a book for his language arts class. He read 1/3 of the...
- math - 5/10+12/16+(15/20-4/16) Well you need to solve in the parentheses first, ...
- java - Write a program that will find the lowest common denominator of two ...
- java - can anyone help me with this? I'm new to java! Write a program that will ...