Posted by Sarah on Sunday, December 3, 2006 at 3:05pm.
I was told that Joan Baez was in the musical style of Rock in the 1960s, but I thought it was folk music, can someone clarify please?
Isn't playing one time through the chords of a song a verse?
You will find in this site that Joan Baez had quite a number of different styles during her career.
Songs are usually divided into 1) verse and 2) chorus. The verse part tells the story and the chorus then is repeated.
Joan was folk music, or pop, with a touch of Rock...how much of a touch is arguable. Her three octave range could do almost anything.
She has a sister who sings and writes, and a cousin who is a famous mathematician. Her dad is a rather famous physicist, who gained some standing with Joan when he refused to join on the Manhattan Project. Joan never forgot those times. If you ever have an xray of soft tissue, he is the gent who invented it. I met him once, and haven't forgotten, nor have I forgotten his pet dogs.
Joan is the famous one in the family, although the family itself is rather remarkable, most of them are still living the the San Francisco Bay area.
If you haven't heard her voice, try this:
Cantique De Noel at
(cursor to the bottom)
listen to Bachianas Brasileiras No. 5
It is difficult to classify Joan Baez as a singer.
Thanks for the information.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Music - The musical movement that started in the mid-1960s on the West Coast was...
- Music - I have these questions on my assignment, so would you please check my ...
- Music - What are rock ensembles? I went searching around the net to find out and...
- statistics - Musical styles other than rock and pop are becoming more popular. A...
- stat - Musical styles other than rock and pop are becoming more popular. A ...
- English - 1. He preferred jazz to rock music. 2. He preferred jazz music to rock...
- country report - Waht kind of music do they listen to in Thailand? I'm doing a ...
- Music - How is FOLK music different from CLASSICAL music in South Asia?
- Music - 1. How did the music business change in the early 1970s? 2. In what ways...
- music - what is an element in music There are a number of musical elements: ...