Posted by Trudy on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 4:57pm.
Can someone explain this to me please, I cannot help my son with his homework
Do you mean exponential notation?
y ^ x = "y raised to the x power"
Yep - sorry
what do u need help with?
Yes - I am not remembering how to do powers - etc. can their be a number to the first power, or is that just that number ?
I am not remembering how to do powers - like, can their be a number to the first power or would that just bee the number chosen ?
its like this 3^3 is 3x3x3..... so it goes with any power..... if its 3^3 the first number is the number being multiplyed, second number is the one saying how many times you multiply.
Yes, a number to the first power means
N^2=NxN and so on
By definition, N^0 is 1
N^2 means N squared, or N2
yes that would be... like 4^1 is 4
Thank you very much for your help
I DONT KNOW THATS WHY IM ASKING !!!!!!!!!
i need help what is the combines mass of 4.5 time 10with power of -3 and 2.8 time 10 with power of -2
Answer this Question
- math - Could someone please how this problem should be solved? Simplify and ...
- Precalc - Are exponential equations the same as exponential functions? I am ...
- functions (easy explanation) - I have a very quick question about exponential ...
- math - The question that have is to simplify and write the answer in ...
- environmental science - Explain the main point concerning exponential growth and...
- Math Please Help - How are exponential growth and decay present in the real ...
- Math - Has memory chip capacity's growth been exponential? How much longer is ...
- Math - True or False. If possible kindly explain why so that I can understand it...
- calculus please help asap - true or false questions: a)The derivatives of the ...
- chemistry - what is the exponential notion of pH=1?