February 12, 2016
Post a New Question
Wednesday, November 29, 2006
What is the effectiveness of having a straightforward diction in a short story?
It's probably more realistic, especially if the story is told in a 20th or 21st century setting.
If you want to know what the difference would be, read a bit of Shakespeare, and then read a bit of DH Laurence.
Hemingway's work is also a good example of straightforward diction and style.
Answer This Question
english help please!!
- Which of the following is not a common characteristic of...
- From my book: "Setting provides much more than just the backdrop ...
- Write a short story about a main character who undergoes a change or ...
- retell the story of the Viet Dinh's family experience by turning their...
- 1. She told me a story. 2. I was told a story by her. 3. A story was ...
- How does the decription of a setting of a short story reflect or ...
short story lambslaughter
- what is the issues raises by the author and the ...
- I left out the last sentences on "fiction". Thank you very much, ...
- Instead of analyzing the setting of the short story Thank You Ma'am...
Literature - link to story pls help!??
- hi, sorry not a question but i am in a ...
More Related Questions
Not yet registered?
Click here to register!
© 2016 Jiskha Homework Help