Posted by Jolley on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 at 8:25pm.
Use the Systematic Trial to solve this problem.
Peanuts sell at $5/kg and pecans sell at $20/kg. Marika wants to make 30kg of a mixture of peanuts and pecans that will s ell at $10/kg/ How many kilograms of peanuts and pecans should she use?
Help plz. Plz explain how you got the answer.
Let x = kg peanuts
y = kg pecans
equation 1. x + y = 30
equation 2. $5x + $20y =$10*30
Solve the two equations for x and y. Post your work if you get stuck and need further assistance.
I don't get it why did you need help for that easy pesey problem?
evryone is at different stages, what is easy for you is new to others
Math Help plz!!! Really need help. - Shylisa, Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 7:05pm
->Let x represent the mass of peanuts
->Mass of pecans:30-x
->The Value of peauts:5x
->Value of pecans:20(30-x)
Equation: 5x + 20 (30-x)= 10(30)
*Please note a number before the bracket means tp multiply*
5x + 600 x - 20 = 300
->move + 600 to the other side of the equal sign, it becomes a negative - 600.
-> x-20 just make it a 20x
5x - 20x = 300 - 600
-15x = -300
->So negative 15 equals negative 300
->Next divide -15x by -15 and -300 by -15
-15x = -300
x = 20 Kg (the mass of peanuts)
-> Mass of pecans: 30 - x whitch is 30 - 20 = 10kg
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - This is the question given: "Peanuts sell for $5/kg and cashews for $20/...
- Math Word Problem - Cashews sell for $4.00 per pound and peanuts for $1.50 per ...
- Math - The grocery store has bulk pecans on sale, which is great since you're ...
- Math - A grocery store wants to make a mixture of nuts consisting of cashews and...
- Math problem - The modern grocery has cashews that sell for $4.00 a pound and ...
- wossmaan - the nuttyy shoppe has 10 kg of mixed pecans and cashews which sell ...
- Math ---HELP!!!!! - A study of a brand of “in the shell peanuts” gives the ...
- Helpppppp - The modern grocery has cashews that sell for $4.00 a pound and ...
- math - a man picks 6 pounds of pecans. he used 1/3 pecans in a pie recipe. he ...
- math - A man sells a nut mixture consisting of 1/3 pecans and 2/3 cashews. ...