Posted by Jolley on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 at 8:25pm.
Use the Systematic Trial to solve this problem.
Peanuts sell at $5/kg and pecans sell at $20/kg. Marika wants to make 30kg of a mixture of peanuts and pecans that will s ell at $10/kg/ How many kilograms of peanuts and pecans should she use?
Help plz. Plz explain how you got the answer.
Let x = kg peanuts
y = kg pecans
equation 1. x + y = 30
equation 2. $5x + $20y =$10*30
Solve the two equations for x and y. Post your work if you get stuck and need further assistance.
I don't get it why did you need help for that easy pesey problem?
evryone is at different stages, what is easy for you is new to others
- Math Help plz!!! Really need help. - Shylisa, Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 7:05pm
->Let x represent the mass of peanuts
->Mass of pecans:30-x
->The Value of peauts:5x
->Value of pecans:20(30-x)
Equation: 5x + 20 (30-x)= 10(30)
*Please note a number before the bracket means tp multiply*
5x + 600 x - 20 = 300
->move + 600 to the other side of the equal sign, it becomes a negative - 600.
-> x-20 just make it a 20x
5x - 20x = 300 - 600
-15x = -300
->So negative 15 equals negative 300
->Next divide -15x by -15 and -300 by -15
-15x = -300
x = 20 Kg (the mass of peanuts)
-> Mass of pecans: 30 - x whitch is 30 - 20 = 10kg
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - This is the question given: "Peanuts sell for $5/kg and cashews for $20/...
- Math Word Problem - Cashews sell for $4.00 per pound and peanuts for $1.50 per ...
- Math - The grocery store has bulk pecans on sale, which is great since you're ...
- Math - A grocery store wants to make a mixture of nuts consisting of cashews and...
- Math problem - The modern grocery has cashews that sell for $4.00 a pound and ...
- wossmaan - the nuttyy shoppe has 10 kg of mixed pecans and cashews which sell ...
- Math ---HELP!!!!! - A study of a brand of “in the shell peanuts” gives the ...
- Helpppppp - The modern grocery has cashews that sell for $4.00 a pound and ...
- math - A man sells a nut mixture consisting of 1/3 pecans and 2/3 cashews. ...
- Algebra Word Problem - Peanuts are selling for $2 per pound, and cashews are ...