Rewrite the following sentences, focusing on the grammar area specified in the left column. --- Punctuating
1. With five gallons of gas.
2. The goose bit the mailman on the leg.
3. Because the store was closed.
One of these sentences is correct.
One doesn't have a verb or subject and is an incomplete sentence. The other one is a subordinate clause, but doesn't have a main clause.
Please rewrite the two incorrect sentences and post them. Someone will then comment on your rewritten sentences.
yes, we know that one is correct, it's the punctuating she needed help with...focus on punctuation not verb agreement or incomplete sentences etc
IE Because the store was closed,
Punctuation - Albert, Friday, February 7, 2014 at 9:47am
1. Well, with five gallons of gas in your Alfa, we might make it to the state line and escape them!
2. She said, "The goose bit the mailman on the leg!" Now, that is silly; geese don't bite.
3. Oh dear! Because the store is closed, Mom will be in trouble since she's run out of insulin!