Posted by Help! on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 at 6:30pm.
could you please help me out with this?
From chapter 12:
1)What does Ralph say to the twins when they refuse to help him?
2)How does the author describe Ralphs flight accross the island?
3)Why does Ralph say that he is in charge of the island?
If you could help me out that would be so great!! :D
I have never read this book, but those questions look as if they can be answered from the book directly -- no extra thinking required!
Be sure to find those exact places in the story, and you'll find your answers. If you still have trouble, try this:
what's going on in chapter 12? i read tihs last year and might be able to help.
Its the end of the book. Ralph hides in the jungle because jack and everyone are planning on killing him.
Jack sets fire to the whole jungle to pushed Ralph out of it. He gets chased by them and ends up colapsing on the beach were the naval officer is.
Does that help?
The author told the flight as a huge hard and dangerous journey. The point of this in such detail is to show that it seemed like such a huge feat to a small boy, but that to the naval officer it just looked like a game.
I have no idea what Ralph said to the twins... maybe something about them never being able to leave.???
He says that he is in charge though because he was the only one who remained "civil" throughout the expierence.
Thank you so much!
What comparison is implied at the end of the novel?
Thanks for the help! :D
The comparison is the difference between the real world where they are all just little kids, and the island where they were strugggling on the "giant" and "sweldering" island.
Piggy's fall is emphasized because it was the first real killing that occured and it was such a brutal act. It was the turning point of when they were just pretending to be "savage" and actually behaving that way.
Ok great thanks..
and the last one..
Why is percival unable to remember his name and address?
Thanks so much!
because he found how stupid and ugly you were!! what the hell is your problem! you make yourself you don't know?? even if you don't, you can simply read the stupid book! how dumb can you possibly be????????
how does ralph learn of jacks plans for him? and what does ralph say to the twins when they refuse to help him? and why cant percival remember his address and name? and why does ralph say he is charge of the isand?
so can you answer my Q's.
why does ralph again "daydream"? Why does he change his mind about his preferences? eg. what could be safer than the bus station.....?(chapter 10)
i need to know how lord of the flies relates to current goverment.
how it can both relate to qoute saying" he who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster"
what is the irony samneric behaviour
Why does Ralph daydream about home?
- The lord of the flies-English - josh, Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 3:10pm
lets have babies
- The lord of the flies-English - Anonymous, Monday, December 10, 2007 at 7:30pm
- The lord of the flies-English - Anonymous, Monday, July 28, 2008 at 12:12am
In chapter 3 what does Jack think is the most important
- The lord of the flies-English - greg, Thursday, September 10, 2009 at 12:58am
how does the text "lord of the flies" relate to journeys?
- The lord of the flies-English - johanna, Wednesday, June 2, 2010 at 8:55pm
What does ralph say to the twins when they refuse to help him?
- The lord of the flies-English - marisol, Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 6:16pm
ralph tells the twins that he is going to hide so then they can tell Jack's tribe to go somewhere else as to trick him. this was irony for SamnEric because they could of did the opposite of what Ralph told them and just tell Jack where Ralph is hiding at.
- The lord of the flies-English - sara, Sunday, September 23, 2012 at 2:58pm
- The lord of the flies-English - Anonymous, Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 10:27pm
Answer this Question
- The lord of the flies-English - Really need your guys help! Please answer! I ...
- The lord of the flies-English - What does Ralph say to the twins when they ...
- The lord of the flies-English - Please help me! Its due tommorow! 1) Why is ...
- english - lord of the flies - what does ralph daydream about in chapter 7
- English - Describe the confrontation between Ralph and Jack in Chapter 6 of ...
- The Lord of the Flies-English - What does Ralph say to the twins when they ...
- lord of the flies journal help - hi if aanyone read the book "lord of the flies...
- English- Lord of the Flies - CHAPTER 7 (#1)- When the boar charges, what does ...
- Reading - I am currently reading Chapter 7 of "Lord of the Flies", and one of my...
- English - Lord of the Flies: Chapter 4 Reading and Study Guide I need helppp!!! ...