Posted by Jasmine82 on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 at 12:30pm.
I left you messages under the grammar for further questions. When you get a chance can you take a look at them they were from the date november 13,2006. Thank you
I will wait
Will do ... hold on.
Are these the questions you're referring to?
# Grammar - jasmine82, Monday, November 13, 2006 at 6:17pm
Did you mean the following for number 15.
Under the rule of Punctuation within Sentences-Square Brackets.
Original: The sixth-grader had written in his essay that "his school experince had been deploreable [deplorable].
My answer:(Let me know if this is how it suppost to be originally.)
The sixth-grader had written in his essay that "his school experience had been delporeable" [deplorable}.
When you recognize that something within a quotation is incorrect (grammar, spelling, or whatever), then you can do one of two things:
1. leave the incorrect item alone, but add [sic] immediately after it -- to indicate that you understand it's an error
2. omit the error and put the correction in place of the incorrect word and put it in square brackets.
Since I think #2 is what your text/teacher is after, here's how I would revise that sentence:
The sixth-grader had written in his essay that "his school experience had been [deplorable]."
# Grammar - jasmine82, Monday, November 13, 2006 at 6:19pm
Also on the question for number 7 under the rule of Punctuating within sentences-hyphen. I did a mistake the original is written as follows:
You will need to write both short- and long-term goals.
Should i write no change. yes, no change, if that's how the original is written
Please repost here if you have further questions.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- To-Ms. Writeacher - I posted 2 questions under Law. Margie answered them. Can ...
- Writeacher - Writeacher, Do you specialize in any particular subject? I've seen ...
- Calc - Profit=p(-p^2+33p+9)-9(-p^2+33p+9)+100 How do I simplify this so I can ...
- math - Classic Furniture purchases dining room sets with an invoice date of ...
- English - Posted by rfvv on Monday, November 15, 2010 at 8:41pm. 1. What are ...
- To Writeacher - Writeacher I have a post on my English assignment, and I have it...
- Maths - Use the United States Rule and/or Bankerís Rule to determine the balance...
- Grammar - Can someone help with periods and commas? Select the correctly ...
- Take a look Ms Sue - November 21, 2009, was the day of a tragic fire in the MGM ...
- To drwls - I posted some Physics questions yesterday, but no one got the chance ...