Posted by Dylan on Wednesday, November 8, 2006 at 3:21pm.
MAn i need serious help with this homework, There are 3 sections i need help in. Two Dimensional Design, Color theory, and animal art.
Please if anyone can help me, contact me either by email, or PM on the fourms.
I will pay for assistance.
I will help you!
And your help here is free.
What do you need to know about Dimensional Design, color theory and animal art??? I need specific questions.
This is a pretty complete site on Color Theory.
This is the main section i need help with. Animal art.
1. Which of the following statements regarding the use of pastels with other mediums is true?
A. Pastels should never be used for accents in a watercolor painting.
B. An artist can effectively add charcoal over a pastel rendering.
C. Pastel tends to deaden the appearance of pen ink and acrylic.
D. Drawings made in other mediums should ideally then be rendered into pastel.
2. Why is illustration board not suitable for pastel painting?
A. The surface is too rough.
B. It's coated and won't accept pastel.
C. The surface is too hard to make good use of the medium.
D. It can't be framed.
3. When you need to make corrections in pastel, it's important that you
A. erase by rubbing the area lightly with your fingertips.
B. gently pull up excess pigment with masking tape before using a kneaded eraser.
C. sweep the area with your hand after erasing to ensure the area is clean.
D. use a soft pencil eraser and touch the eraser lightly to the area to remove eraser debris.
4. If you're drawing a realistic portrait of a wild animal, it's important to research the
A. origin of the animal's species.
B. animal's natural habitat.
C. diet of the animal.
D. mortality rates of similar animals.
5. Which of the following characteristics is common to all young animals that live on vegetation, such as baby deer or young horses?
A. Eyes placed toward the sides of the head
B. Ears that tilt forward
C. Extremely long legs
D. Short tails and short legs
6. The eyes of the _______ contain pupils that are horizontally oval.
7. Which of the following best describes the difference between a dog's nose and a cat's nose?
A. A cat's nose is soft and pink, while a dog's nose is hard and leathery.
B. A dog's nose is usually curved; a cat's nose is flat.
C. A dog's nose is as wide as the length from one pupil to the other; a cat's nose is as wide as the length between the inner corners of its eyes.
D. A cat's nose is set lower on the muzzle than a dog's nose.
8. Which of the following is a characteristic of pastel chalk?
A. Sticks have a slick, waxy feel.
B. Colors blend smoothly.
C. A great amount of drying time is required.
D. Drawings remain undisturbed by fixative.
9. "Aqua pastels" are best described as
A. blue-green pastels used to draw water.
B. water-soluble pastels used to create a watercolor effect.
C. the range of colors from yellow-green to blue-violet.
D. pastels that produce only pale tints of each color.
10. A cobalt blue pastel stick is labeled as "87." From this grade, you know that
A. this is the lightest value of cobalt blue.
B. the color is at full strength.
C. this pastel is in the wrong color category.
D. the stick is a semi-soft pastel.
11. In terms of its effects on a painting's appearance, sprayed fixative can
A. leave smudges.
B. provide a velvety finish.
C. darken the colors.
D. cause chipping in pasteled areas.
12. Which of the following should you attempt first when creating an animal portrait?
A. Create a rough sketch incorporating basic forms
B. Indicate the hair texture
C. Color in the background
D. Draw the eyes and nose
13. Which of the following statements is most accurate?
A. Beginning artists are encouraged to use white paper for all of their pastel renderings.
B. When working with pastels, the smoother the paper, the better.
C. You should use charcoal paper when extensive blending is required.
D. Velour paper would tend to work against a drawing of sharp, well-defined lines.
14. The eyes of domestic cats can accurately be described as having a _______ and a _______.
A. large iris; round pupil
B. large iris; vertically slit pupil
C. small iris; round pupil
D. small iris; horizontally slit pupil
15. Which of the following statements is true regarding the drawing or painting of animal hair?
A. You can indicate the texture of a glossy coat by drawing only highlights and shadows at cowlick and muscle areas.
B. To truly indicate texture, you must draw the coat hair by hair.
C. Strong highlights and shadows must be drawn for a long-coated animal.
D. Care should be taken to show that the hair grows only in one direction.
16. Paper that's _______ is undesirable for pastel work.
A. extremely rough
17. On which of the following types of paper is it best to use a direct application technique, rather than blending?
18. Of the following, raw sienna can best be described as a
A. color used for details only.
B. pure orange.
C. mix of two separate colors.
D. tone of high-intensity.
19. If you were drawing a baby ape and its mother, which of the following would best describe their relative proportions?
A. The mother has a large body and a large head; the baby has a small body and a small head.
B. The mother has a large head and long arms; the baby has a small head and long arms.
C. The mother has a large head and small shoulders; the baby has a small head and small shoulders.
D. The mother has a large body and a large head; the baby has a small body and a large head.
20. Which of the following allows you to achieve an appearance of blending or changing colors?
C. Covering pastel with a watercolor wash
D. Leaving bare areas on the paper
Why is illustration board not suitable for pastel painting?
please help me
i need help this is for my last class please help me
- Artist 12th grade - ronika, Wednesday, September 17, 2008 at 12:43pm
- Artist 12th grade - sara styles, Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 12:56pm
which of the following should you attempt first when creating an animal portrait
- Artist 12th grade - Anonymous, Friday, August 19, 2011 at 11:02am
- Artist 12th grade - DOING YOUR MOM, Saturday, May 26, 2012 at 3:03pm
free frozen jizzcicles at dairy queen this weekend only hurry in!!!!!!
- Artist 12th grade - bvfd, Thursday, October 3, 2013 at 5:24pm
Answer this Question
British literature - from the dramatic monologue the reader learns that the ...
Portrait of the Artist- James Joyce grade 8 - In A Portrait of the Artist as a ...
12th grade - There are 300 students in 12th grade. What is the total population ...
12th grade art - Will someone plz help me. I have looked through website after ...
math - an artist is going to an art fair. the artist will charge $20 for small ...
8th grade science - I only have one way that the Man-o-War defends them self, ...
French - If I wanted to say, "a French artist", would it be "un artist franšais...
math - An artist is going to sell two sizes of prints at an art fair. The artist...
12th grade - I need help in Psychology do you guys do that? Or just ore subjects...
12th grade - i need information about the virginia plan but it has to be more on...