Posted by Stacy's Mom :Literally from the Song! on Monday, November 6, 2006 at 8:00pm.
You have to find the x and y coordinates:(She doesn't get it and neither do I)
2x + y = 9
The question doesn't go with the equation. I suspect it is a plotting exercise
Make a table
Put in for x 0, 1, 4
Solve for each corresponding y.
Then graph the points, and connect them with a straight line.
As is stands now, the problem as stated is confusing.
Sorry,does this go with it:
Be sure to put each equation in slope intercept form. Identify the slope and the y-intercept of the line. Graph the y-intercept and then count the slope to determine another point on the line.
Put the equation in this form:
y= mx + b m will be the slope, b is the y intercept (y intercept is when x is zero).
2x + y= 9
y= -2x + 9 slope is -2, y intercept is 9
On the graph paper mark (0,9) That is the intercept.
Then go over 1 right, down 2. That is the next point, plot it.
why don't you help her out! didn't u you go to school or something?!?-- huh???
you lazy mom!!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Stacy and Steve each have brownies of equal size,as shown. Stacy cuts her...
- Math - I have a series of questions that I did. They lead up to the last ...
- Geometry - The points A,B,C,D have coordinates (3,3) (8,0) (-1,1) (-6,4) ...
- Geometry Question number 4 - If I have BC = 2x + 1, CD = 3x - 4 and BD = 22,how ...
- pre calculus - Question 1: Explain why the equation of the line y=5 has a slope ...
- math - a straight line passing through the origin with slope m cuts the circle x...
- Language Arts (- Ribbons -) - Note, this question is from the book "Ribbons", if...
- Reposting question- Pre-calc - HI, Function: y=5cot(-2x) can someone can please ...
- Math 7th grade - I have a question on math if I start to look for a object ...
- Equations Question - A mother is twice as old as her daughter now, but ten years...