Posted by Martha on Monday, November 6, 2006 at 5:06pm.
PLz help me!These questions are on my study guide for tommorrow's test and I don't get them.Please help me solve them because I don't have a lot of time because I have to go to Chruch in 20 minutes.PLease help!Thanks!
1.Six pears and three apples cost $3.90. Two pears and five apples cost $3.30. How much does one pear cost?
Hint: You have two unknowns (variables), so you need two equations. Write one equation for each situation and solve the system of equations.
2.Two cars leave town going opposite directions. One car is traveling 55 mph, and the other is traveling 65 mph How long will it take before they are 180 miles apart?
Hint: The time for both cars is the same and can be represented by "t." The total distance is 180 miles. The distance = (rate)(time). If you add the (rate)(time) of the first vehicle to the (rate)(time) of the second vehicle, that will equal the total distance of 180 miles. Since you only have one unknown (t), you only need one equation.
3.Two cars leave town going in the same direction. One travels 55 mph and the other travels 65 mph How long will it take before they are 180 miles apart?
4.A kayaker paddled 2 hours with a 6 mph current in a river. The return trip against the same current took 3 hours. Find the speed the kayaker would make in still water.
5.Your piggy bank has 25 coins in it; some are quarters and some are nickels. You have $3.45. How many quarters and nickels do you have?
6.There were 1500 people at a high school football game. Student tickets were $2.00 and adult tickets were $3.50. The total receipts for the game were $3825. How many adult and student tickets were sold?
7.An airplane flew 4 hours with a 25 mph tail wind. The return trip against the same wind took 5 hours. Find the speed of the airplane in still air.
*I know it is a lot of them but the study guide came with 105 questions.Please help me as much as you can.Progress reports come out for me next week so I need to do good.Thanks for your help*g
1) 6P+3A=3.90 and 2P+5A=3.30.
get P all by itself. P=(3.90 - 3A)/6
substitute this P into the second equation and solve.
2) The cars are growing apart from each other at 135 MPH. How long till they are 180 miles apart.
3) The cars are growing apart from each other at 10 MPH. How long...
4) (R + 6) = D/2 and (R - 6) = D/3
divide the first term by 1.5 so:
(R+6)/1.5) = D/3 = (R-6). Solve for R
5) (25-N)*(.25) + N*(.05) = 3.45
Solve for N (nickles)
6) (1500-A)*2.00 + A*3.50 = 3825. Solve for A (adults)
7) See methodology in 4
a cookie jar contains $7.20 in nickles and quarters. the number of quarters is two less than twice the number of nickles. how many of each are there?
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math - What is the best way to study for a math test? Also, what is the best/...
- studying - I have to study for a HUGE science test tommorrow, but I don't know ...
- help me please - today has been very hectic along with homework i found out ...
- Need Preperation Help - I have a test on Hamlet soon and I'm just wondering if ...
- Algebra1!Plz help I have test 2morrow!!! - so would the new eqaution be... 2x+8=...
- HISTORY!!! - I have this test tomorrow and i have yo do this study guide and i ...
- i need some tips - okay so now i have this test called tcap and there is A LOT ...
- Tips Plz - Can you plz tell me some studying tips for math. How can i study math...
- math word problems - nilsa is working on a 60 minute math test. there are 20 ...
- Physical Science - I need help answering a few questions? What is intertia? How ...