September 25, 2016
Post a New Question
Sunday, November 5, 2006
Growth of Democracy "The United States intends to be and independent and self-governing nation" is the essential message of the a.Declaration of Independence b.Articles of Confederation c.United States Constitution or d.Bill of Rights
Declaration -- colonists declaring their intentions to separate from England and become independent --
Art of Confederation -- document preceding the US Constitution --
US Constitution -- relatively final document setting up our government --
Bill of Rights -- first ten amendments of the US Constitution --
So which one do you think states the intention to be independent and self-governing?
United States Constitution
I would say the Declaration -- it clearly shows intent to cut ties with England. The others are setting up our government after the war of revolution.
Another teacher may have a different interpretation.
Answer This Question
- 1) The year that the Declaration of Independence was signed ...
- What document governed the United States before the ratification ...
Social Studies (Check Answers)
- 1. What prompted the call to rewrite the ...
- 16.)The defect of the Confederation is that the United States has no ...
- Which of the following was ratified with the assistance of ...
- There are 4 parts to The Declaration of Independence. ...
- Using 750-1,000 words, create a chronological narrative ...
- According to the declaration of independence, all men have the ...
- Independence Declared 1. How did the leaders of Texas declare ...
- 1) The debate over ratifying the US Constitution was won by ...
More Related Questions
Not yet registered?
Click here to register!
© 2016 Jiskha Homework Help