Posted by Sammy on Saturday, November 4, 2006 at 12:43pm.
so would the new eqaution be...
We know that y = x + 8.
So if x + y = 10, then x + x + 8 = 10.
but what about the y?ANd what do I do afetr that?
If you know what x equals, then you can calculate what y equals.
Once you've solved for x and y, you are done.
I need help bcause I don't understand and tommorrow I have test.
Use the Substitution method to solve the system of equations.
x + y = 10
y = x + 8
now put x=1 into either of the original equations, and solve for y.
x + y=10
1+y=10 solve for y.
thanx!can you help me with this one:
3x + y = 5
4x - 7y = -10
solve for y in the first equation...that is in terms of x. Then put this expression into the second equation..
4x-7(expresson for y here)=-10
then solve for x.
Put only one problem per thread please. Start a new thread if you have a new problem, it makes life simpler.
we get our report cards in less than 2 weeks and if im steel making a 66.4 i cant play b-ball
3x-4y=21 4x+2y=6 liniar combinations
how do i solve problems like that?
i need help know on -12q+4=8q-6
- Algebra1!Plz help I have test 2morrow!!! - Michael, Thursday, November 11, 2010 at 7:54pm
(Multiple Choice Worth 1 points)
Find the product of (4x + 3y)(4x − 3y).
16x2 − 24xy + 9y2
16x2 − 9y2
16x2 + 24xy + 9y2
16x2 + 9y2
- Algebra1!Plz help I have test 2morrow!!! - nana, Friday, December 31, 2010 at 10:53am
[6.02] Use the Substitution Method to solve the following system of equations.
2x + y = 3
-3x + 4y = 1
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- social studies plz help. - does anyone have some answers on the new south west ...
- Sport please help me i have a test 2morrow - What are the reasons for the ...
- Math - In solving the eqaution(x+4)(x-4),Eric stated thatthe solution would be x...
- social studies? i think idk - what new ideas came from the automobile? plz help ...
- SS 6th grade - I have to study for a test which is called New Empires and New ...
- algebra1 - I have a question does anyone have the Rational Expressions and ...
- English - 1. If I had passed the test, I would have gotten a new computer. 2. If...
- Need Help Big Test 2morrow - What were the problems in society before the ...
- algebra1 - (w-9)*(w-4) im really struggling ppl plz help
- Math plz................help plz.... - the exact average of a set of six test ...