Posted by cbarnett on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 at 8:18pm.
I do not understand anything about electron configuration. How do you figure out if the element is in P,D,S,orF? What do the subscripts represent? What is a subshell? I am so confused!!
You figure it out by using the Aufgau principle, placing electrons in the proper order in orbitals
I suggest a tutoring by another student on this, it is really simple, you are having undoubtably a mental block. It is rather difficult to teach on a text format.
It is really simple..
Here is an interactive site that may be of help. Bob Pursley found this and I saw it yesterday.
+WHAT IS THE ELECTRON CONFIGURATION FOR THE FOLLOWING ELEMENTS p,li,ca ga as
- Chemistry Electron Configuration Questions - Gary, Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 5:07pm
- Chemistry Electron Configuration Questions - Anonymous, Monday, October 27, 2008 at 3:57am
Hi i'm not sure if you still need the answers but here they are (in condensed form):
P: [Ne] 3s2 3p3
Li: [He] 2s1
Ca: [Ar] 4s2
Ga: [Ar] 3d10 4s2 4p1
As: [Ar] 3d10 4s2 4p3
- Chemistry Electron Configuration Questions - Abhishek, Sunday, December 28, 2008 at 7:45pm
- Chemistry Electron Configuration Questions - lolcat, Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 11:02am
- Chemistry Electron Configuration Questions - ledwell, Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 10:00am
lulz u fail at chemistry lolololool
- Chemistry Electron Configuration Questions - The Stranger, Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 3:52pm
I hate chemistry
Answer this Question
AP Chemistry - Which of the following electron configurations correspond to an ...
chemistry - How can I determine which elements have higher first and second ...
Chemistry - What is the electron configuration of the complex: Fe(C2O4)3 3- I am...
Chemistry-electron configuration CONFUSED!! - I need help with electron ...
chemistry - Identify the neutral element represented by this excited-state ...
Chemistry - What element is represented by this electron ground state ...
chemistry - what is the complete electron configuration and the abbreviated ...
Chemistry - How do you write the electron configuration of Curium (Cm) and ...
chemistry electron config - I need to know the predicted and actual electron ...
Chemistry - Metals lose electrons under certain conditions to attain a noble-gas...