Posted by 413 on Tuesday, October 24, 2006 at 8:26pm.
Is the simpson's rule always more accurate than the midpoint rule and trapezoidal rule?
Not always; it is possible that the midpoint and/or trapezoidal rule determine exact values.
1. Some functions values for a function f are given below.
x 0 0.5 1.0
f(x) 3 4 11
What is the value of the estimate S1 to
çf (x) dx
(a) 6 b) 5 c) 15/2 (d) 22/3
2. Some functions values for a function f are given below.
x 0 0.5 1.0 1.5 2.0
f(x) 3 4 11 20 30
With these values only which of the following estimates to
çf (x) dx is it possible to
(a) S1 and S2 only (b) S1 only
(c) S1, S2 and S4 (d) It isnft possible to calculate any
Simpsonfs Rule estimates.
3. Some functions values for a function f are given below.
x 11 13 15
f(x) 0.5 a 1.5
If the value of the S1 approximation to
ç f (x) dx is 4, what is the value of
(a) 1.5 (b) 1.75
(c) 1.25 (d) 1
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Use the Trapezoidal Rule, the Midpoint Rule, and Simpson's Rule to ...
- calculus - Use the trapezoidal rule and simpson's rule to approximate the value ...
- Maths C - I need to compare and contrast Weddle's Rule and Simpson's rule and ...
- Calculus - Can someone explain to me how to do these? Given the following ...
- calculus - f(1)= 20, f(3)=13, f(5)=15, f(7)=16, f(9)=11, on [0,6] a, used ...
- Calculus - Internal 1/sqrt(1+x^3) from [0,2] and n=10 (a) Use the Trapezoidal ...
- Calculus II - Trapezoidal Rule - Find the error resulting from approximation by...
- Calculus II - Simpson's Rule - Find the Error resulted from approximation by ...
- calculus SIMPSON RULE - Use Simpson's Rule and all the data in the following ...
- Maths (Calculus) - A current i = 50sin 100πt mA flows in an electrical ...