Posted by george on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 at 2:27pm.
I am so bad when it comes to mathI I think I am slow! okay so my question is :
a recrusive sequence is defined by tn= 2tn-1, where t1= 5
define the first five terms of this sequnce:
so would I go like this to figure them out:
2tn-1, where t1= 5
so the frist 5 are: 0, 10, 20, 30,40
am I correct or am I doing it horribley wrong?
okay there is a part b!
it says would the points of the sequence, (n,Tn), lie on the graph of an exponentail function, linear function or neithr?
I would have to say neither
am I wrong?
You have tn
- 1, where t1
I think your second term is wrong.
- 1 =2*5-1 = 9
- 1 =2*9-1 = 17
- 1 =2*17-1 = 33
You're not "horribly" wrong, but you probably just need to see how to get started.
The fist few points look like
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Write the first 5 terms of the sequences defined by the recursive formula...
- English - 1. Do you know? + Can he play the piano? 2. Do you know if/whether he ...
- math - If An is defined as a geometric sequence, is the sequence 1/An also a ...
- English- Man for all Seasons - Heyy! well my question is in regards to man for ...
- Health as a Social Institution - 1) What do you think Canadians can learn from ...
- Math - this is a difficult question for me please help! thankyou A sequence is ...
- math asap - this is a difficult question for me please help! thankyou A sequence...
- social studies - hi can someone please help me with this question 1. When the ...
- Literature - Can someone check my answer. Thank You "A Very Old Man With ...
- English - 1. I think watching TV is bad because we can become violent. 2. I ...