Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, October 17, 2006 at 11:54pm.
I am in the process of ordering a class ring and the options for the gold are 10K, 14K, and 18K. I know the price is different, but I was just wondering if anybody knows if you can actually tell a difference between them when you look at them or do they all look the same? I do not want to pay a lot more for 18K when you can't tell a difference between 10K and 18K.
I have bought and owned 10K, 14K and 18K gold rings. Personally, I could see a slight difference between 10 and 14 when compared with 18. I think a trained eye could see the difference, too, even if they were not compared side by side. I don't think an untrained eye could do that. I never saw any difference between 10 and 14, personally. If you have the chance, you might want to take a run by a few jewelry stores and look at them yourself. Let that be your guide. Frankly, I would think the salesperson would have had samples of each to show you.
I agree with DrBob. Take a look for yourself. It is not easily visible. And, you are not likely to wear the ring for very long...you will NOT wear it in college, and after college, life has many more important things for you. As an alternative, why dont you save the money for college, or a car? You dont have to follow the crowd all your life...
I really want to know which state of the gold is the best? 10k,14k,18k and 24k
Is 10k more than 14k gold
24K is Pure Gold
18K is 75% pure.
14k is about 59% pure.
10k is about 41% pure.
- difference between 10k, 14k, 18k gold - Anonymous, Thursday, February 14, 2008 at 10:43am
the purer the gold the softer it is therefore when gold is purchased for jewelry 10k to 14k is the most used because it is a harder metal.
- difference between 10k, 14k, 18k gold - Anonymous, Tuesday, December 9, 2008 at 12:38pm
- difference between 10k, 14k, 18k gold - nico, Thursday, April 28, 2011 at 11:49am
have pendant that has on it 10k & co what does this mean??
- difference between 10k, 14k, 18k gold - Alex, Friday, May 13, 2011 at 4:14am
It means its probably 14k gold
- GOLD DUST FOR SALE - BENSON IMO, Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 4:42am
GOLD DUST FOR SALE
Dear Sir/ Madam,
We are small scale Gold miners here on the sub-region of West Africa. We have some huge
quantity of alluvial Gold Dust for sale at a considerable price of $30,500USD per kilo
which is below world market price, 22 carat and 92.05% purity. If you are interested, do
not hesitate to get back to us as soon as possible for us to give you our full co-operate
MR BENSON IMO
Answer this Question
- math - The amount of gold jewelry and other products is measured in karats (K), ...
- Adut education - The amount of gold jewelry and other products is measured in ...
- Necklaces - Is there a big difference between 10k and 14k gold chains? My ...
- math - multiply and simplify k^2+10k+16 k^2+6k __________ x _________ k^2+14k+48...
- Jewelry markings - I have a diamond ring with the marks "KOBI 14K" inside. I ...
- what is the difference - what is the difference between 14kt gold and 14k gold ...
- jewlery markings - I have 2 rings one with markings on the inside 14k PAT-C The ...
- geography - 1)give two properties of gold which makes it an economically ...
- CHEM - SAPPHIRE AND DIAMOND RING ,STAMPED 14K S&S WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
- Math~Polynomials - 1)6g+8k-9g+2k(1point) 3g+10k -3g+10k*** 17gk 10k-3 2)-4x+6x^2...