Posted by Mandi on Monday, October 16, 2006 at 9:56pm.
(x+1/2x-1 - x-1/2x+1) * (2x-1/x - 2x-1/x^2)
(x+1/2x-1 - x-1/2x+1)*(2x-1/x - 2x-1/x^2)
The first parenthesis reduces to zero. Check that.
I have the answers in the back of my book (just not how to get there) the book shows the answer as
6(x-1)/x(2x+1). When I solve, I get
6(2x-1)/(2x+1), but I kinda stink at this stuff.
OK, I think I understand what you meant to type:
[(x+1)/(2x-1) - (x-1)/(2x+1) ]* [(2x-1/x - (2x-1)/x^2)]
common denominator in first  is (2x-1)(2x+1)
first bracket only.
6x/(2x+1)(2x-1)*[(2x-1)(x-1) ]/x^2 [(x+1)(2x+1) - (x-1)*(2x-1) ]/(2x-1)(2x+1)
[2x^2+3x+1 - 2x^2+3x -1]/(2x+1)(2x-1)
[(2x-1/x - (2x-1)/x^2)]
[(2x^2-x - 2x+1 ]/x^2
[(2x^2-3x +1 ]/x^2
combining the two brackets...
The 2x-1 divides out..
6x/(2x+1) *[ (x-1) ]/x^2 as does x
6 /(2x+1) *[ (x-1) ]/x
Ok, Thank you so much for your help!
1-2/x divided by x+4/9x
How do I solve this problem?
What is Rational Expressions?
____ + ____
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- pre-calculus - List the possible rational roots of each equation. Then determine...
- algebra - after solving a rational equation, why is it important to check your ...
- Algebra - After solving a rational equation, why is it important to check your ...
- math - 2/3(7/8-4x)-5/8=3/8 I do not underdtand the steps?? Do I find a common ...
- finding numbers - The sum of two positive numbers is 20. Find the numbers if the...
- algebra - here is a rational expression, 20+2x/5-x for what value of x is the ...
- Algebra II - I have some questions on my assignment, if you dont mind could you ...
- Math - I just wanted to check my answers with anyone willing to take the time. ...
- calculus - Find the distance from (3,7,-5) to each of the following. a. the xy-...
- Algebra 2 - Is the solution to this rational expression extraneous? The problem...