Posted by Christy on Monday, October 16, 2006 at 1:08am.
What musical form preceded the sonata-allegro form, and is the sonata-allegro form still being used today?
Sup' Christy, I beleive the form that preceed the sonata-allegro form would be the "minuet and trio" form. Symphonies are where you can find the s-a form. Laters.
- Music - olivia, Sunday, October 28, 2007 at 7:23pm
Why is sonata-allegro form considered to be dramamtic and rewarding?
- Music - Maggie, Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 2:28am
The binary form preceded the sonata allegro form.
Sonata-allegro form is still used today in modern music.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- music appreation - Writing Assignment: What musical form preceded the sonata ...
- music - Is the sonata-allegro form still being used today?
- Music appreciation - What muscial form preceded the sonata allegro form that was...
- Music - What form is the first movement of Mozart Piano Concerto No 21 K. 467 in...
- Music - I was wondering is the form of the string quartet's first movement ...
- hum 103 - How does Sonata (complete work differ from Sonata form, how are they ...
- Music - Explain sonata form name and sections. What is Aria form?
- music - why is sonata-allegro considered to be dramatic and rewarding?
- Music - So, the first movement of Mozart's 21st piano concerto (K. 467) is in ...
- music - the is an essential characteristic of sonata form