Posted by Alisa on Sunday, October 15, 2006 at 10:09pm.
1. Which of the following was not part of Britain's new imperial system after 1763? (Points: 1)
The Sugar Act
The Molasses Act
The Stamp Act
The Currency Act
The Quartering Act
2. Colonial assemblies established committees of correspondence to: (Points: 1)
Coordinate intercolonial communication and organize efforts to defend American liberties.
Send letters and petitions expressing colonial views to England.
Organize the first postal system in North America.
Promote friendly relations by encouraging colonials to write to English pen pals.
Deal with Native American uprisings.
3. By early 1776, delegates within the Second Continental Congress from all of the following colonies except favored independence. (Points: 1)
4. The most important outcome of the Battle of Saratoga was: (Points: 1)
That the French entered the war on the side of the colonies.
That it ended the war in North America.
That it led to Washington's election as commander in chief.
That it brought an end to the British ministry that was waging the war.
That the Spanish entered the war on the side of the colonies.
5. Shay's rebellion was significant because it: (Points: 1)
Convinced many conservatives that a stronger central government was necessary.
Led to state laws exempting farmland from foreclosure.
Was the only debtors' rebellion in U.S. history.
Destroyed the power of the "cosmopolitan" group in Massachusetts politics.
Marked the beginning of the labor movement in American history.
6. Philadelphia's "Fort Wilson" riot was a violent confrontation between supporters and opponents of price controls. (Points: 1)
7. In Federalist No. 10, James Madison argued for the greater stability of a large republic over a small one. (Points: 1)
8. John Adams was horrified by the idea of a unicameral legislature. (Points: 1)
9. The idea that the British Parliament represented the needs and interests of all the empire's subjects was known as virtual representation. (Points: 1)
10. The Second Continental Congress came to see itself as an American equivalent of Parliament. (Points: 1)
I answered your first question in another post.
The way to pass your class, is to find the answers in your book.
We'll be glad to critique your answers if you post them here.
1. Molasses Act
3. New England
4. brought an end to the British ministry
5. Marked the beginning of the labor movement
Answer this Question
statistics - I cant figure this out, please explain. A certain airplane has (2) ...
English - Presentation - I'm presenting an assignment for 20 to 30 minutes worth...
just a ? - when you fail a collge class what happens. Who do I write to ask for ...
Statistics - A certain airplane has two independent alternators to provide ...
statistics - A certain airplane has two independent alternators to provide ...
AE - I seriously do not know what to do. My final is due tomorrow and it has to ...
Research & Evaluation I - I have an airplane that has an ignition system that ...
pigskin geography - i need ALL the answers to pigskin for the games played on ...
statistics - I have an airplane that has an ignition system that works like this...
research & Evaluation - I have an airplane that has an ignition system that ...