Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 at 10:06am.
HELP ME WITH THESE 2 PROBLEMS PLEASE.....
1. Objective Quantity: C= 5x+4y
x < -2
x > -4
y > 1
y < 6
All of the signs have lines under them.
2. Objective Quantity: C= 6x + 2y
x > 0
x < 5
y > 0
4x-y > 1
Again, all of the signs have lines under them.
You have to plot the areas enclosed by these constraints. Take the second one, for instance.
Objective Quantity: C= 6x + 2y
x >= 0
x <= 5
y >= 0
4x-y >= 1
change the last to y<=4x-1
Test the corners on the graph with the Cost function (objective function). You did not say whether you are maximizing, or minimizing the C function. Choose the corner (max, min) that you need.
Summary: Graph the lines, which will enclose an area. Test the corners with the objective function. THe solution will lie on one corner.
As BobP said, e need to know if you're trying to maximize or minimize the the objective quantity.
For the first one there are two sets of parallel lines, so the vertices where the lines intersect need to be checked. They are
For the second one, we're interested in solutions in the first quadrant and are on the lines x=5 and 4x-y=>1. The constraints form a triangle, which you should verify.
The vertices are
How often do you check this site?
- PLEASE HELP... ALGEBRA.... LINEAR PROGRAMMING - TMaqsood, Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 8:12am
The best book to use for linear programing is FS Hiller and MS Hiller - Introduction to management Science
(can be found on the Internet)
This is the book used at Uclan by Martin Chlond, Matt Meckel, Paul Rynn, Graham Corran,Dave Walters, Cath Toase, George Rawlings, Ian McGowan, and the rest of the Department of Information and Finance (Now known as Faculty of management)
Answer this Question
- algebra 2 - Graph the system of constraints and find the value of x and y that ...
- Alegra 2 - Explain the use of the objective quantity in linear programming.Give...
- College Algebra - Maximize the objective function C = 4x + 5y with the ...
- math - An objective function and a system of linear inequalities representing ...
- Objective functon - An objective function and a system of linear inequalities ...
- algebra - Find the minimum and maximum values of the objective function subject...
- HELP A.S.A.P. PLEASE: linear programming-maths - A company makes tennis and ...
- algebra - What point in the feasible region maximizes the objective function? ...
- linear programming app - write the constraints as linear inequalities and ...
- Deadline Approaching: Please Help - SIMPLEX METHOD - Table: Nutrient Peanuts ...