Posted by leo on Thursday, October 5, 2006 at 6:24pm.
what is the least common multiple
The least common multiple is the lowest possible number that has both numbers for a factor. For instance, if you are asked to find the LCM for 4 and 8, the LCM would be 8 because it is divisible by both 4 and 8. If you were given 3 and 4, the LCM would be 12, because it is the lowest possible number that is divisible by both 3 and 4.
- 5th grade math - shanellys, Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 6:21pm
if you weere a dog what would you do
- 5th grade math - stephen, Thursday, January 14, 2010 at 7:50pm
how much elapsed time subtract 8hr15minfrom 3hr24min
- 5th grade math - stephanie, Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 4:56pm
What is the value of 5 the numbers 3,552,308,725
- 5th grade math - sidra, Friday, January 29, 2016 at 10:29pm
L.C.M. or least common multiple means that the number which is mixture of both common and non common numbers.
For example: 56,24,12
Common factors are: 2*2*2*3
Common factors also called highest common factor or H.C.F.
Non common factor is: 7
Now we multiply both common and non common factors =2*2*2*3*7
The answer is: 168
In maths, everything is done by process.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- MATH - HOW DO LEAST COMMON MULTIPLES WORK. IT SAYS THERE IS A PROBLEM TO SOLVE ...
- math - I don not understand how to do least common mutiples. Can I please get ...
- algebra - how would i find least common multiple of 20, 50 and 3 ? okay well you...
- Algebra II - Our current assignment is to find the LCM, Least Common Multiple of...
- Algebra I - **Match each word or phrase w/ its definition** Word Bank: A) least ...
- math - 1. What is the greatest common factor of: 2x2x5x7x7 2x5x5x7x7 a. 2x5 b. ...
- Math - List the common multiples from 1 to 100 for each pair of numbers. Then ...
- 5th grade math - what is the greatest common factor of this number pair? 24,28 ...
- Math - Two numbers-- Their greatest common factor is 3. Their least common ...
- lcm - find the least common mutlipe of 420 196 Break down each number into prime...