english writing rules
posted by jasmine .
Directions: Correct the following sentences given if needed under the rule of :Inclusive language-Making language non-sexist.
(1) The directors and their wives met the stockholders for a night on the town.
(2) Each advisor was contacted by his students.
(3) The minister joined the couple together as man and wife.
(1) Change "wives" to "spouses".
(2) change "his" to "his or her" or change the whole sentence to read "The students contacted their advisors".
(3) Change "man" to "husband"
are you one hundred percent sure. i need to know why , i have an exam next week and i want to understand the rules.
which one is correct spelling