Posted by Binh on Sunday, September 24, 2006 at 7:24am.
I was wondering what reliable sources can I use for my paper in order to ask this question here?:Reseach at least three of the following scientific allusions present in the novel, Frankenstein, the stories behind them, and if possible, their presence and meaning in Frankenstein.
a. Erasmus Darwin and Charles Darwin
b. Cornelius Agrippa
d. Albertus Magnus
e. Sir Issac magnus
One caveat in researching on the Internet: You have to be prepared for the possibility that none of it may be online. Or some may be, and some may not. In addition to searching on the Internet, you also need to make best friends with the reference librarian(s) in your local or college library.
At this webpage, you can go immediately to the search sites (first three columns across the top) -- or even better
you can scroll down until you see the section called HOW TO SEARCH THE INTERNET
. Those are the links to start with. You'll not only learn how to come up with good search terms, but also how to evaluate the webpages you get as results. Some will be good and others will be garbage. You need to know how to tell the difference.
My favorite way to search is to go to Google's advanced search page < http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en
> and put my search words or phrases into the first or second search box (either "all the words" or "exact phrase"). However, there many other strategies for searching you can use, and the HOW TO SEARCH THE INTERNET
section will help you best.
When I entered darwin charles erasmus
at www.google.com, here are the results I got:
You can do the same with any of the others.
Are you sure (e) is not Sir Isaac Newton? Sir Isaac Newton is referred to in Chapter II of Frankenstein.
Are you sure the first person in (a) is not Erasmus (not Erasmus Darwin)?
First, get the names right.
It is not clear to me whether you want to ask a question or answer it.
<< I was wondering what reliable sources can I use for my paper in order to ask this question here?:...>>
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Literature- Frankenstein - Consider the protagonist in "Frankenstein". Explain ...
- british lit - what are the ALLUSIONs in the book Frankenstein? I need help with ...
- English - "Christina Nehring makes allusions to classical myths and 18th and ...
- Foreign languages - Thank you. Here are a few other sentences I'd like you to ...
- English - i am trying to write a paper on Frankenstein. the question is "Is ...
- English - Thank you very much for your corrections. Here are some more sentences...
- frankenstein - how is frankenstein a good example of a gothic novel?
- frankenstein - In Mary shelley's frankenstein, did frankenstein believe in ...
- Literature- Frankenstein Novel - Please check my answer to this question: ...
- English - I forgot to include the following sentences. Thank you.I included my ...