Posted by Maria on Saturday, September 23, 2006 at 4:05pm.
Find the slope and the intercepts of each line.
Help please! :)
I am assuming that you are trying to determine the value of g(x) when x equals -3.
If g(x)=54x-1 , then g(-3)=54(-3)-1
Evalute and you have your answer.
No, sorry. g(x)=54x-1 and x=-3 are two different problems.
Please, if anyone has any ideas, I would be most grateful.
For the first one you have a line of the form
y=mx+b where m is the slope and b is the intercept. Can you identify what the m and b are?
For the second one you have a vertical line through the point x=-3. Any vertical line has infinite (or undefined) slope, and since it's parallel to the y-axis there is no intercept.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- calculus-answer check - Deermine the derivative of f(x)=[(3x^2+1)^3+1]^2. ...
- math - Find the value of Polynomial 27X2 + 54X - 2 when X = 2
- Algebra - 30xy/54x equals
- Algebra - I'm cubing the binomial (3x+2)^3. THe answer is 54x^2 according to my ...
- Algebra - For the equation 9x^2+4y^2+54x-8y+49=0 determine the center, vertices ...
- Algebra 2 - d(x)= (54x^10)/(24x^8 )please help
- math - 54x^5-16x^2
- math - i have more than one question so if u no any of the answers please tell ...
- math 9 - 6X^12-18X^9+18^8-54X^5-36X^3+108
- Math - Simplify by factoring. ^3sqrt 54x^8