Posted by the shadow on Thursday, September 21, 2006 at 4:02pm.
Verb and noun subjects
some help me find them in these sentences
Carla is buying a ticket for the concert.
The sale on ipods will last for two weeks.
Robert and Jane were elected to student concil. A live band has been hired for the party.
There are many people in the room.
Did the audience clap very loudly.
When you are looking for a subject... Ask "who or what did"... Ask it out loud. In the first sentence.... Who did? Carla.... so she is the subject.
The ask OUT LOUD.... "Carla did ???"
Carla - is buying..... What Carla "is buying" is the verb.
Go ahead and do the rest of the sentences this way and re-post. I will check back to see how you did. I am sure it will be great!
The sale on ipods will last for two weeks. Sale is what's happening, will last future tense is the verb.
Robert and Jane were elected to student concil. Robert and Jane are the subject, and were elected is the verb
A live band has been hired for the party. Live band is the subject and has been hired is the verb
There are many people in the room. People are the subject and are many is the verb.
Did the audience clap very loudly? Audience is the subject and clap is the verb.
VERRRRRRRRY GOOD!!! superior! Yea team!
only one problem... very small
There are many people in the room. People are the subject and are many is the verb
Look at the verb..... "many" can not DO anything... The verb in that sentence is just "are". Good things to memorize are the "being verbs" : am, is, are, was, were, be, being been... <G> I used to make my HS students sing them to me. Well done job!
what the other 2 said is correct exept they we saying the subject predicate.
do you need the subject phrase (the red ball) or just the subject (ball)?
the subject phrase includes the article and adjectives.
1. Verb- buying Noun- Carla, ticket, and concert
2. Verb- will,were(past tense) Noun- ipods, sale, and weeks
3. Verb- elected Noun- student, council, Robert, and Jane
4. Verb- hired,has(past tense) Noun- party, band,and live
5. (no verb) Noun-people, room
6. Verb- clap Noun- audience
P.S- Numver six does not use proper grammar and punctuation
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- english - Use the following words in sentences as directet:1-rain(verb)2-water(...
- Language (gerunds) - Carla was talking in a low whisper to her best friend. I ...
- English - 15. In this sentence, what is the antecedent of the pronoun it? A. ...
- Algebra - Ticket sale for a music concert was $2,160. Three times as many ...
- verb and noun - how do I know where is the noun and verb of this sentences. ...
- English Poetry - Define parts of Speech for Jabberwocky I'm on stanza 2 Please ...
- English - The infinitive is the most versatile verb form because it can be used ...
- English - I learned that a noun has six functions. One of those funstions are, ...
- Grammer - I have to identify the words in the brackets. Could you correct my ...
- Language Arts - 2) Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly? (...