Posted by rhiann on Sunday, September 17, 2006 at 1:29pm.
what does the word dynamics mean?
if you would like to kno go look it up in the dictionary. or go to google and type it in. they could give you a full defenition of the word.
In short, the loudness or softness of a song/melody.
In music, markings added to show the varying degrees or changes in volume or loudness. They are written as words, abbreviations, letters, or signs.
The following are the markings that are used.
mf = mezzo forte = medium loud
f = forte = loud
ff = fortissimo = very loud
fff= fortississimo = extremely loud
ffff = it will blow you out of your chair
mp = mezzo piano = medium soft
p = piano = soft
pp = pianissimo = very soft
ppp = pianississimo = extremely softly
pppp = you can barely hear it.
Musical scores will use both the abbreviations and the words.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- music - what is an element in music There are a number of musical elements: ...
- analogy - gregarious:unfriendly::volatile:______ prodgious, explosive, fleeting...
- defenition - de·nom·i·na·tion can you give me the easiest defenition of it plz
- Foreign Language, How to use a dictionary., - First of all purchasing a good ...
- Thesis help - Music lovers should look into pop, rock and r&b for a certain type...
- music - ok what could be another way to state the dynamics what else could you ...
- Music - My music teacher was saying that if any1 can answer this question then ...
- Where can I find a site to translate German? - Where can I find a place to ...
- music - I'm doing an informative paper on music. I need to figure out when music...
- Help - dissonance : resonace :: harh : rich music : polyphony polyphony : ...