Posted by Kelly on Tuesday, September 5, 2006 at 8:09pm.
just an algebra question.
how would you solve:
(3x^2 +5)(3x^2 +5)
^ means power :]
Since you have not given us an equation, it is impossible to "solve" your problam. Please repost with the complete equation, so we can help you.
I hope this helps a little. Thanks for asking.
i just DID give you the equation.
that is the equation and i kind of forgot how to solve this algebraically.
so please, help.
Well Kelly, that depends what we're trying to solve for. At this point all we have is an expression, not an equation. We're given:
(3x^2 +5)(3x^2 +5)
This is the same as (3x^2 +5)^2
Do we want to solve
(3x^2 +5)(3x^2 +5) = 0?
If so, then there are only complex solutins. You'll have to tell us if it's something else besides 0.
no, there isn't anything else.
so yes, it is equal to zero.
sorry about that.
Ok, then we're given:
"how would you solve:
(3x^2 +5)(3x^2 +5) "
Setting this to 0,
(3x^2 +5)(3x^2 +5)=0 or (3x^2 +5)^2=0
This means (3x^2 +5)=0 or x^2 = -5/3 which means
x= +/- i*sqrt(5/3) where i is the imaginary unit.
...WHOA i'm so confused.
i don't think it's supposed to equal zero, then!
because i think i'm supposed to just simplify it.
OMG i'm so sorry to bother you this much
Bother me? Now I'm the one who's confused...lol!
I think I mentioned there are no real solutions in the first post. I've done enough of these that I didn't need to do any calculations to see that.
The only simplifying I saw was to write it as (3x^2 +5)^2. I didn't see anything else that you can do with it.
...and no, it's no bother, as long as you're understanding what's happening that's what matters.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Statistics - For Mathguru_ from statistic question on Tuesday April 10, 2007 ...
- For Hellpp - Algebra 2 - I removed your original post because of an ...
- Algebra - I don't understand how to do this problems: Solve for the variable r, ...
- Algebra 2 - I know that were doing problems were there is a soultion given which...
- Algebra 1 - ok i have a problam i cant figure out how to do thie problam (1,-3),...
- Math - I just don't understand this question: h(t)=A*b^x h(3)=4 h(5)=40 Solve ...
- Algebra - PLease ,Please ,Please help me solve this problems #1 Since x = 3y-4...
- algebra - I have a problem that I have no idea how to solve. The instruction say...
- Math- Algebra - hi wat method would i use and how would i solve this system of ...
- Math - Factor the polynomial P(x)=x^3-2x^2-13x-10. Then solve the equation P(x)=...