Posted by Anonymous on Monday, August 28, 2006 at 12:44am.
1. The job of the Congress is to __________.
Is it to pass laws???
2. The job of the President is to _______.
umm... confront problems???
3. The job of the courts is to _________.
4. Congress is made up of ______.
Is it 2 houses- the senate and house of representatives?
5. The _________ allows congress to make laws to meet the changing needs of the nation.
hmm.... i don't know.
6. The Supreme Court has the power to declare laws ________.
7. The _______ is the highest law in the land.
ok, i believe #7 is the constitution.
Congress passes laws (or makes laws if you wish).
The President is responsible for their enforcement through appointments, military force and bureaucracies.
The courts -especially the Supreme Court- are charged with interpreting laws to see that they are consistent with the constitution and the established body of law.
Yes, the Congress has two separate bodies: The Senate and House of Reps.
The Supreme Court can nullify laws (overturn decisions based on them too) if they are inconsistent with the court's interpretation of the constitution.
The highest law in the land? Yes, I think the constitution is the only thing that makes sense there.
The Supreme Court is the higest court (or final court if you will), the President is the highest law enforcement official (as commander in chief), and the Congress has the widest lattitude in making and passing laws.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Business - A department manager is attempting to motivate employees by moving ...
- Constitution... multiple choice - Please help me because I cannot find any of ...
- Social Sudies please help - which of these factors does not contribute to the ...
- Civics - The president of the United States is the head of the executive branch ...
- english vocab - __________ 1-2 Already angry,the customer became more ___ when ...
- Linear Programming - A Company wishes to assign six of its workers to six ...
- human resources - A job description is like a deed of property ownership and ...
- Word puzzles - Can you help me figure out this word puzzle? Job in Job Could it ...
- Math - A mechanic can do a job in 2hr. It takes his assistant 3hr to do the same...
- please check history - Two powers of Congress. 1. declare war 2. pass laws Two ...