Posted by Anonymous on Monday, August 28, 2006 at 12:44am.
1. The job of the Congress is to __________.
Is it to pass laws???
2. The job of the President is to _______.
umm... confront problems???
3. The job of the courts is to _________.
4. Congress is made up of ______.
Is it 2 houses- the senate and house of representatives?
5. The _________ allows congress to make laws to meet the changing needs of the nation.
hmm.... i don't know.
6. The Supreme Court has the power to declare laws ________.
7. The _______ is the highest law in the land.
ok, i believe #7 is the constitution.
Congress passes laws (or makes laws if you wish).
The President is responsible for their enforcement through appointments, military force and bureaucracies.
The courts -especially the Supreme Court- are charged with interpreting laws to see that they are consistent with the constitution and the established body of law.
Yes, the Congress has two separate bodies: The Senate and House of Reps.
The Supreme Court can nullify laws (overturn decisions based on them too) if they are inconsistent with the court's interpretation of the constitution.
The highest law in the land? Yes, I think the constitution is the only thing that makes sense there.
The Supreme Court is the higest court (or final court if you will), the President is the highest law enforcement official (as commander in chief), and the Congress has the widest lattitude in making and passing laws.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- english vocab - __________ 1-2 Already angry,the customer became more ___ when ...
- Linear Programming - A Company wishes to assign six of its workers to six ...
- human resources - A job description is like a deed of property ownership and ...
- Word puzzles - Can you help me figure out this word puzzle? Job in Job Could it ...
- math - A father can do a job in a certain number of hours. His son takes twice ...
- Puzzels - This is like wendy's question if you saw it. And mine is Job in Job ...
- human resource management - Presentation on job analysis o Create a presentation...
- business - Which one of the following tools includes the specific tasks and ...
- math - You have two job offers on the table. The first job you will earn a ...
- Math-Statistics - The chance that a college student has a job offer before ...