Posted by Haydee on Saturday, August 19, 2006 at 11:42pm.
I am confused need help
a computer store sold a total of 300 items last month. the store sold six times as many hard drives as they did CD-RoM drives, and half as many floppy drives as hard drives. Based on this information,, how many of each item were sold?
Let X = number of hd.
Y = number of cd
Z = number of fl/d.
X + Y + Z = 300
The problem tells you that the store sold six times as many hard drives as cd Rom so you know 6Y = X.
The problem tells you that the store sold 1/2 as many floppy drives as hard drives; therefore, 1/2 X = Z
Using X + Y + Z= 300, just substitute the value of Y in terms of X (from above which is Y= 1/6 X) and the value of Z in terms of X and solve for X.
I hope this helps. We shall be happy to check your work if you post it.
I really don't understand, i am new at this and have 4 anwser to it don't know which one because don't know how to get to the answer and they are:
1.30hd,90fl/d and 180 cd
2.40",20" and 240 "
3.180hd,90fl, and 30cd
4, 240hd, 20fl,and 40cd
My problem is how to get this anwser, could u explain to me how ge to the anwer of course knowing the anwer, i will understand.
If the store sold 1 cd / 6x as many hd = 6 / half as many floppy = 3 / 1 + 6 + 3 = 10.
They are sold in ratios of 10.
divide 10 into 300 etc etc dose this help.
thanks i still don't get it but i am working on it. ok thanks again.
Obviously you have interpreted four different ways and three of those ways are not right. Do what I suggested and post your work so we can give you some guidance as to where you are going wrong. I have given you the three equations you need to solve the problem; the remainder is just arithmetic. I don't want to work the problem for you. I want you to understand how to do the problem.
Finding the area of a rectangle with 5 as one side and x+3 on the other.
Hey i said i love math no go screw a duck!
- math - Gabrielle, Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 10:27pm
A computer store sold a total of 300 items last month. The store sold six times as many hard drives as they did CD-ROM drives, and half as many floppy drives as hard drives. Based on this information, how many of each items were sold?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - A computer store sold a total of 300 items last month. The store sold six...
- Math - A computer store sold a total of 300 items in a month, and sold six times...
- math - a computer store sold a total of 300 items last month. the store sold six...
- repost - computer store sold total of 300 items last month the store sol six ...
- business math - a computer store sold 300 items -store sold 6 times asa many ...
- ict - why does a computer need a floopy drive as well as a hard drive It doesn't...
- Technology in the Classroom - There are several different hard drives available ...
- Statistics - The following data represent the number of flash drives sold per ...
- math, - Exponential distribution was used to model the lengths of CD-ROM drives...
- Statistics - Exponential distribution was used to model the lengths of CD-ROM ...