Posted by phillip on Wednesday, August 2, 2006 at 5:35pm.
What are the steps to the research process and which are the most important steps?
A title specific internet search gives the following hits:
I found these sites that should be helpful.
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Forum. The following is merely a guideline and you may not do them in this order.
1. Choose a general topic.
2. List key words that will help you find information on this topic.
3. Go to an encyclopedia or other reference source to develop an overview of the topic. The local librarian can be an invaluable resource for you.
4. Make source cards for any sources you will use.
5. From the general overview, focus the topic into something you can cover well.
6. Write a statement of purpose about this topic.
7. Brainstorm questions you can ask.
8. Group these questions under similar headings.
9. Add aqny additional questions you can think of under these headings.
10. Repeat step 2, listing more key words.
11. Make a list of possible sources to answer your questions.
12. Find these sources in the library, on the computer, etc.
13. Make a source card for each one you use.
14. Begin making notecards.
15. Change your statement of purpose into a thesis statement.
16. Make an outline of your headings.
17. Refocus your thesis statement if desired.
18. Write the body of your paper from your notes.
19. Cite any information with p-arenthetical citations.
20. Write the introduction and conclusion.
21. Write the bibliography.
22. Create a title page.
23. Evaluate your work. You should allow at least 24 hours after you believe your paper is finished for proofreading, etc.
24. Label your paper and turn it in on time.
There is no shortcut for thorough work!
Answer this Question
Biology: Methods of Protein Chemists? - I've tried looking around, and have had ...
Math - How do you solve 3 variable equations using augmented matricies http://...
Primates - Where can I find information regarding when different types of ...
biology - What happens to the circulatory system when the red blood cells ...
social studies - can you help me with my project about the women in the west? ...
Home Economics - What are some advertising techniques? http://www.google.com/...
science - what is a reproductive cell? http://www.google.com/search?as_q=...
math - can you direct me to some sites for helping with college statistics? ...
Music - Doesn't Louis Armstrong begins "West End Blues" with a stop time? You ...
science - i know the steps but i still cant seem to write skeleton equations and...