Posted by Tammy Evert on Sunday, July 16, 2006 at 1:33pm.
could someone explain to me how to do this problem i don't even know how to start.
A long-distance phone call costs $1.27 for the first minute and $1.00 for each additional minute or portion thereof. Write an inequality representing the number of minutes a person could talk without exceeding $5
i will sit here and wait for an answer and then reply right back if you have patience and wait for me to reply it wont take me long.
5> 1.27 + 1(Time) where time is in whole minutes of talk. Time is measured from zero. At one minute, time =1, at two minutes time=2, etc.
Check: time= two minutes ten seconds. cost according to the description will be 1.27 for first minute, then 1 dollar for second minute, and 1 dollar for the last ten seconds. THe formula says..
cost= 1.27 + 2
i still don't understand pretend im a little girl and your explaining this to me. that's the way other people has explained stuff to me then iunderstand.
im thinking this is what your telling me,
the first min is going to cost me 1.27 then i can talk for 2 more min with out going over my $5 limit.
You are not a little girl. Get real.
Yes, the last line is correct. THe problem is any part of a minute counts as the next minute:
50 sec 1.27 1min
1min 10s 2.27 2 min
4min 34s 4.27 5min
cost= 2.27 + (time-1)*1
you didn't have to be rude about it
is this correct:
$5 > 1.27 + 1.00(3 min)
which would be
$5 > $4.27
$5 > 1.27 + 1.00(3 min) = $4.27
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 1 - A long-distance phone call costs $0.55 for the first minute and $0....
- math - A long-distance phone call costs $0.84 for the first minute and $0.58 for...
- algebra - The cost for a long-distance telephone call is $0.36 for the first ...
- math - The cost of a long-distance telephone call is $.36 for the first minute ...
- Algebra - A long-distance call using DEC costs 20 cents for the first minute and...
- math correction - can someone correct this for me. Business and finance. The ...
- math correction - can someone correct this for me.Also do i have to solve it all...
- math - write and evaluate an expression for the total cost of a 17 minute long ...
- college algebra - Using a phone card to make a long distance call costs a flat ...
- algebra - a long distance call costs .50 for the first minute, and then .9 for ...