Posted by Tammy Evert on Sunday, July 16, 2006 at 12:19am.
29x – 2(9x – 0.455) = 10x + 0.525
Give us you thinking on this so we can help you solve the equation. What is it you don't understand about solving this eqution?
29x –2(9x – 0.455) = 10x + 0.525
29x – 18x – 0.91 = 10x + 0.525
11x – 0.91 = 10x + 0.525
X -0.91 = 0.525
X = 1.435
When I check my problem its not equal.
and I dont know what I'm doing wrong.
You made a mistake in the second line. It should be
29x – 18x + 0.91 = 10x + 0.525
(Minus the minus sign in the parentheses is equivalent to a plus)
After that, your steps toward solution were correctly done. Try again.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- ks maths - 2x - 4y = 12 3x + 2y = 10 whats the answer Do you know how to solve ...
- Math - factor each expression completely. if possible. Just checkin the * Ones 1...
- 8th Grade Algebra - You know how to solve quadratic equations using algebra, ...
- Maath - Solve the equation for the indicated variable. 4x-3a-(10x+7a)=0 solve ...
- algebra - solve polynomial equation by factoring x^4 +100 = 29x^2
- pre algebra - How do I solve this equation the find te slope of the line? Please...
- Algebra - 5. Find the x and y intercepts of each linear equation. Be sure to ...
- Pre-Calculus - Solve the equation 2x + 5y - 3z = -1. Write the general solution ...
- Pre-Calc - I need to figure out how to solve the equation x-squared y-squared+xy...
- Algebra - There are 4 problems that I don't understand how to solve so, please ...