Posted by Tammy Evert on Sunday, July 16, 2006 at 12:19am.
29x – 2(9x – 0.455) = 10x + 0.525
Give us you thinking on this so we can help you solve the equation. What is it you don't understand about solving this eqution?
29x –2(9x – 0.455) = 10x + 0.525
29x – 18x – 0.91 = 10x + 0.525
11x – 0.91 = 10x + 0.525
X -0.91 = 0.525
X = 1.435
When I check my problem its not equal.
and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
You made a mistake in the second line. It should be
29x – 18x + 0.91 = 10x + 0.525
(Minus the minus sign in the parentheses is equivalent to a plus)
After that, your steps toward solution were correctly done. Try again.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - factor each expression completely. if possible. Just checkin the * Ones 1...
- ks maths - 2x - 4y = 12 3x + 2y = 10 whats the answer Do you know how to solve ...
- algebra - solve polynomial equation by factoring x^4 +100 = 29x^2
- Chemistry - Calculate the molar extinction coefficients for carotene and ...
- Chemistry - How would you prepare 455 g of aqueous solution that is 6.50% ...
- Math - Ok I have this problem and wanted to know itf its right. If its not ...
- college alegebra - solve the following equation in the real number system 3x^3...
- math - solve the following question 6x^2+29x=5 Thanks in advance.
- math - solve for x in the following expression using the quadratic formula 3x^2...
- Math - Sorry i need to get an A. 1. Put these rational numbers in order from ...